Chapter Eighty- Six

Pietro POV
I knew we shouldn't have let Hayden talk with her useless cunt of a egg donor. There is nothing I wouldn't do to protect our daughter. Nothing. She is good and pure and innocent and deserves everything good, I'll be damned if I ever let this woman make her feel any less than again.

Tony POV
I'll never understand parents who don't love their children. Who make their own flesh and blood feel anything less then love. I'll never understand my own parents. But I'm going to do everything in my power to give her that endless love, flesh and blood or not.

Hayden POV
Power? My biological mother wants me to die for her so she can gain, power? That's all I'm worth? A little boost in strength? There are all types of drugs on the street that can enhance powers and instead she chooses to kill my first parents who ever loved me trying to get to me, tries to kill me on my birthday, and then has the NERVE to ask me to WILLINGLY die for her so she can gain more power and do God knows what?!

Pietro POV
I look over to Tony to see he's already looking at me with a mirrored concerned expression as we near the top floor and both sense a deep shift of energy almost pulsing off of Hayden.

"Hayden honey, what's happening?" Tony asks with an almost scared expression, not for himself, but for one of the only girls he will ever truly love.

The elevator dings and the doors begin to open and it's as if that was the bell for all hell to break loose, vines and roots quickly grow through the gaps on the sides of elevator, having flown up all the way down from the ground floor, having to have pierced and broken though the ground floor.

Next thing I know the vines throw me and Tony out of the elevator and into everyone waiting within a 15 foot radius of the elevator doors.

Hayden's vines grow longer and crazier as or because of her growing heavy sobs and obvious despair, carrying her out of the elevator and letting it fall all the way back down with an enormous, building shaking thud.

Marianna POV
I struggle to get up with a sea of bodies on me after having been used as human bowling pins by Hayden and her vines, but I manage, accidentally kicking Peter (Q) in the head.

Wasting no time I throw a shield in front of myself and just in time as a vine tries to strike at where my neck would have been.

"HAYDEN YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN AND CALL BACK YOUR MAGIC!!" I yell to empty ears over hysterical sobbing and the chaos from the vines.

I look to T'challa and he understands exactly what I want him to do, immediately throwing himself into action, cutting and fighting the wild vines with some of the others while I keep a shield in front of myself trying to get closer to Hayden.

In an instant, before anyone can react Loki is behind Hayden and hits her in the back of her head, her body and vines dropping instantly.

"Ah there! That wasn't so hard after all." Loki smiles easily hoisting Hayden up off the ground though it doesn't last long as he reads the room and that charming smile slowly fades away.

"Oh don't give me those looks, what would you have done if you had gotten closer to her?" He asks looking to me.

Fuck me. Good question. What would I have done?

"Definitely not that, try to talk her down I suppose." I answer with more attitude then intended.

"And you'd be dead, so let's all just say thank you Loki and get Hayden checked out by one of the million doctors and schientest here to be sure she's okay even though, I know she is." He retorts back his devilishly charming smile easily finishing its way back onto his face.

Stephen immediately takes her from Lokis arms opening a portal, and having it close behind us leaving us in the destroyed entrance of the tower.

"Get the iron suits to do it, I'm going to Hayden." Wanda says taking off without another word, Pietro, Tony, Loki, Vision, and Peter (P) following swiftly after.

"Are you okay my love?" Eddie asks breaking me out of my zone out.

My face softens as he takes my hands and I make sure to give his a good, reassuring squeeze.

"I'll be okay so long as Hayden is okay." I answer honestly, Eddie pulling me into him his arms gently hanging around my hips, his head resting on my shoulder.

"Nobody is hurt right?" I rush out my brain finally catching up after the initial shock.

Joint murmurs of assuring that nobody is too badly hurt soon turn into quiet goodbyes from those that don't live here, Zemo being the last to go, obviously hesitant to leave, making me promise to tell Hayden that she is not alone in having terrible birth parents, and that she is not alone in this world despite that.

Peter (Q), Sam , Steve and Scott stay behind to help the iron suits clean up and try to repair all the broken windows before nighttime as the rest of us either go to rest or visit Hayden.

By the time I get into the examination room Hayden is already awake, crying, apologizing and being held, comforted, and forgiven.

"I was so afraid they, and you would send me back to the orphanage." Hayden say's quietly, fidgeting with her hands when she sees I've entered the room and have been watching.

"We could never Hayden, you're our daughter and we're never going to abandon you, we will always be with you my bright girl." I say moving to her and wrapping my arms around her.

"We are going to have to work on some control though." I smile pulling back a bit to look at and hold her face, she chuckles, sniffling and wiping at her nose.

Matteo POV
Pretty weird one of the elevators up to the house is out, Dads usually on top of his tower maintenance.

"Nice elevator music" I mutter to myself lightly bobbing my head to the music.

The doors open and I am greeted to an absolute wreck.

Ah the life of being a child to the Avengers.