Santalune Battle Party! CH-41

Delia: Boys!!! It's 6 am and your friends will be here in a hour!

Ash & Gary: Right!

Ash slowly got out of bed while carefully waking Pikachu up, not wanting to get shocked and they made their way downstairs, knowing that Gary would be first in the bathroom.

It is now monday, the day of Ash and Gary's first World League gym battle. Their friends would arrive at 7 am so they can travel together towards Santalune city.

"Morning Mom!" Ash said as he and Pikachu sat down on a chair at the dining table.

Delia: Morning Ash! Breakfast is almost ready.

Ash: Great!

Delia: Are you ready for today's battle?

Ash: You bet! I've made my mind up on which strategies and pokemon I wanna use!

Delia: What pokemon are you gonna use?

"I can't tell you, I want to keep it a secret so I won't reveal anything of my plans." Ash said as he crossed his arms infront of his chest. "But if you really want to know, Ask Bulbasaur to fetch all the Pokemon and you'll find out who's missing."

Gary just came down the stairs as he heard the last part of their conversation. Ash finished his breakfast quickly and went into the bathroom. When he finished, put fresh clothes on and brushed his teeth. When he was done he came back down again.

Ash: Great! All done and they will be here in 15 minutes!

Gary: Yeah, I'm glad I'm battling for a tournament once again! I've missed that feeling.

Ash: I hope for you, you still got it. You should be pretty rusty by now.

Gary: Not at all Ash, I've trained with Brock during the weekend and I think I'm ready!

Ash: We'll see Gary, all gym leaders we're facing are the best of the best right now. They ain't pushovers!

Gary: Yeah yeah... Wait until you see me battle!

Suddenly they hear the doorbell ring.

Gary: They're early? We've still got 15 minutes!

"Don't worry, I've got it!" Ash said as he walked towards the door.

As he opened it he got tackled to the floor by a happy Serena who was hugging him tightly.

Serena: Morning Ash!

"M-Morning S-Serena" Ash said, recovering from the fall.

"What's going on here?" Gary asked as he heard something fall. "Oh uh... Hi Serena"

"Hi Gary" Serena said as she and Ash quickly stood up again.

Gary: I think someone was happy to see you Ash...

"Yeah... Same goes for me" Ash said as he looked at Serena, both exchanging a smile.

Gary: Did I miss something?

Serena: Not much except we're a couple now...

Gary bursted out in laughter, confusing Ash and Serena in the process.

Ash: What's so funny Gary?

Gary: You a girlfriend? You're so dense, you couldn't even tell the difference between loving someone and loving food! Besides, you wouldn't get one before me anyway.

"Well... You're wrong" Ash said as he looked back at Serena again who nodded.

They both leaned in and gave eachother a kiss, long enough that Gary could realise it was actually true.