You Run Like A Noodle

Chapter Seventeen: You Run Like A Noodle

°°°

My smart mouth will be the death of me!

The chaos hasn't died down, and fuel is added to the flame by Tony – I always forget his last name – who recorded the whole exchange on his device and decided it appropriate to upload it to Northview High's page so every single student can relive the moment to their satisfaction.

While I am internally freaking out due to the chaos I know is yet to come, Nat appears to find the whole situation amusing. For the first time, she beams at me with what seems to be pride in her eyes as she thrusts her phone to my face.

"Look at her face when you tell you she makes you dumber. Gosh! It's gold!" She chuckles and shakes her head and Audrey nods as she huddles closer to us.

"Yes, yes. You have to tell us what you whispered to Tiffany though. It really seemed to make her a lot more flustered than she already was." Audrey juts out her lower lip in an adorable pout but I spare them a sheepish grin.

"Unfortunately, I cannot tell you that. I'm super sorry."

They all pout at me, but I stand my ground. It isn't my fault they aren't exactly observant to notice that Tiffany clearly swings for the other team and Trixie is being such a bigot about it, neither is it my place to tell them what Tiffany hasn't gathered courage to say for herself.

"It doesn't matter what she said. What matters is that Trixie threatened her," Cherry points out and Audrey nods, standing back.

"You have a point." Nat puts away her phone and leans against her chair, propping her legs atop the table. "I have an idea." She suddenly snaps her fingers together, her eyes gleaming with wickedness and her black coated lips in a huge eerie smile. "I could have Carrie steal snakes from her parents' animal rescue and place them in Trixie's bed."

We all stare wide-eyed at the dark-haired teenager as she gleams at us as though she's waiting for us to realize how brilliant her plan is.

I look to the others to find Audrey shuddering at the plan while Cherry is just staring at her with a scrunched face, probably trying to decipher just what it is that goes on in her head.

"What if she dies or something?" Audrey finally speaks up when no one else does and Nat waves off her concern.

"The snakes they just brought in are actually nonvenomous, but Trixie's a moron. She wouldn't know." Nat shrugs, but I shake my head.

"I can think of different reasons why that is an extremely bad idea," I start and Nat groans, muttering something under her breath about me being a spoil sport. "I'm not into the whole plotting and scheming thing. I'll just let live take its course. What's the worst she could do?"

"Shove your head down a toilet," Cherry answers.

"Push you down a staircase," Audrey adds.

"Call a couple of guys to beat you up. You run like a noodle and fight like a chicken. They'd kill you," Nat concludes and I sigh.

I fiddle with my pen as I stare at Audrey and Cherry who are straddling their seats so they can face Nat and me. Cherry nods at what Nat said and I sigh again, already feeling exhausted and wondering when my life became so drama filled.

Granted, I was still bullied when Ben was alive – maybe even more, but there was no Sam and Asher thrown into the mix, no investigation and emotional wreck that practically puts a bullseye on my forehead.

Everything just seems a lot exhausting these days and the only good thing in my life is the friendship of Cherry and the girls.

I look around the class to find some students staring at me while whispering animatedly amongst themselves and I groan under my breath, hating all the unnecessary and unwanted attention.