A Potential Spin Off?

THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT

The man was bored out of his mind. He sat by the window in the dimly lit diner totally ignoring the constant ringing of the bell as customers dashed in and out of the building. In his gloved hand, he nursed a cup of expensive whiskey, but he was not interested in drinking it. It tasted bland to him, as did all other human food.

Though he stared out the window, he wasn't looking at the pedestrians cross the road nor the fancy cars that drove its owners to their various destinations. He was not even paying attention to the single monarch butterfly that had been fluttering around the window for a while now as though it was seeking a way in. None of those mattered to him as he was lost in his thoughts. He was bored out of his mind and he hated it.

Unbelievable as it sounds, he had just helped a teenager capture a rather dangerously obsessed lover who murdered students in the name of love. It was laughable to think about. He helped catch a murderer. Who would have thought? He was sure the Angels in Heaven were having a laugh at the interesting turn of events.

How couldn't he help her though? The corner of his lips quirked up ever so slightly as he thought of her friendly and incredibly naïve green eyes, long black curls and her poor taste in fashion. What he was most fond of though was her smile. He loved the way his young niece would look up at him and smile as though he hadn't done horrible things. She had the smile that could warm the heart of the Devil... And it did.

"She's thinking of you too, you know?" The man heard his brother's voice beside him, but he didn't react. He knew when his brother walked in though. Yes, he wasn't paying attention, but he could hear every sound and smell every scent in the small room.

The man could hear the various mindless conversations being had, he could hear every heartbeat, every flutter of the eyelids, every bite of food taken... Nothing ever escaped his superior senses.

He could hear a young man gasp as his lover pulled out a ring and went down on one knee. He could hear the silent sniffles of a woman who was just dumped by her boyfriend of four years. He could hear the erratic heartbeat of a man who was anxiously waiting for his date. Humans and their pointless activities. He found it incredibly uninteresting.

After long minutes of silence, the man blinked and caught his reflection in the glass of the window. While he looked weary, he looked attractive. He had chosen to appear as a young man in his late twenties decked in a white suit with matching white gloves. He had silver coloured straight hair that was combed back so his perfectly structured face was in full view.

He turned unbelievably bright golden eyes to his brother as he set down his glass of whiskey onto the coaster. His brother was smiling. Of course, he was. He was always happy and the man could never figure out why or how.

"You know you can visit her if you want to. It'll certainly make her happy." His brother reminded him, but he shook his head.

"I gave Michael my word to stay away from her." It was an excuse. A very poor one at that and his brother chuckled, amusement twinkling in his very eyes that resembled life itself. Well, it is life.

The sound caught the attention of humans in the building and the turned to regard the very unusual but very alluring pair. One with sun-kissed skin, dressed in only white and the other with rich dark skin and flowing brown hair, dressed in a brown garment that didn't match their current century.

"An issue which has been solved by the girl herself. She wants you around, and you know she will have me fly her to you if you don't show up soon."

The man picked up his glass again, but it wasn't because he wanted a drink. He just wanted something to do with his hands. She wanted him around. She had picked an argument with Michael just to have her way. He wanted to be around her also, but he also felt like he had to stay away from her.