I'm Super Nervous

Chapter Sixty-One: I'm Super Nervous

~~~

That Sunday evening, I find myself seated on the floor of the Swift's living room. Mrs. Alex and Mrs. Blue Swift are present, and so is Michael, Sam, Nat, Cherry, Asher, Allen, Tony and Tiff. We all form a semi-circle around Raphael who is dressed in a suit and what appears to be reading glasses.

Why does he even need reading glasses?

Mrs. Alex was serious when she said she was going to make us go for therapy and after my father suddenly materialized out of thin air, she was even more adamant that we all needed therapy.

That's where Raphael comes in.

I cannot trust myself in the hands of other humans due to just how delicate the whole situation is, so I have been talking to Raphael. We all have – well, except Michael and Sam who claim that Angels don't need therapy as their minds don't work the same way as humans do.

However, Mrs. Alex threatened to call social service on Michael, and after persuasion from me, he reluctantly agreed to do this.

"There's a lot of tension in this room, so here's how this is going to work." Raphael looks a little too excited for this. His long brown hair is in a man-bun and he even wore a gold necklace at an attempt at accessorizing. He materializes a wooden ladle from out of his inner pocket. "Whoever holds this ladle should state how they feel right now."

Raphael looks around the room. He starts to hand the ladle to Sam, but upon receiving a glare, he turns to Nat who accepts it from his hand and stares at it as though it is poisoned or something.

"Uhm... I don't really have anything to say." Nat now has their hair in a pixie cut and their face is devoid of the usual black makeup, but they are dressed in a black biker's short and a black top that has a drawing of a skeleton on the front.

Raphael hums and leans forward, staring Nat right in the eyes. Since Raphael is now backing me, I cannot see his expression, but I can see that Nat has a dazed look in their eye; almost as though they have been hypnotized.

"Come on now, we both know that isn't true. You have a lot to say. Why don't you say it? This is a safe space." His tone is smooth and soothing, and not with the usual carefree undertone. He sounds like Sam when he got Asher to talk about the arson.

Angels and their tricks!

"I – I miss Cat so much." They confess, though the words sound forced as though they didn't want to divulge the information.

"It's only natural you do. She was your twin. Have you been communicating your feelings with your parents as I asked you to?" He queries and Nat nods. "Good. Now, pass the stick."

Nat passes it to Allen who accepts it with furrowed brows.

"I'm going to be honest; I don't even know why I am here. I guess I'm just offering moral support to –" He stops talking the moment he stares at Raphael.

Of course!

"I'm nervous. Tony and I applied to an art school in Los Angeles and I'm super nervous. What if I don't get in? What if we get separated?"

Slowly, the voices start to blend and become one. I watch as the laden is passed from person to person; each one of them with feelings I never knew they had.

How could we be so close, yet so far apart? Is it really so hard to talk to our loved ones about how we truly feel?

Then again, aren't I being a tad bit hypocritical? I bury my feelings and put on a huge smile all the time, trying my possible best to be strong because if I am not strong for myself, who is going to be? But should it be this way? Why don't we trust each other?