~26~

5 YEARS LATER...
Nat's POV
I was cutting my peanut butter and jelly sandwich while going through some emails when a tab popped up. 'MEMORY FROM 6 YEARS AGO' I click on it and a picture of me, y/n and Wanda at the club, all of us sticking our tongues out. We all looked so happy. I start to cry a little when I hear footsteps next to me so I look and see Steve standing above me.
"What?" I say, wiping my tears away. He rubs my shoulders a little before kissing my head.
"That's a nice photo of the three of you..." He says, trying to make me feel better.
"This was when she was hiding her relationship with Peter...she looks so happy." I explain and start to cry again.
"Hey..." Steve comforts me. "We're gonna get them back...if it does work then maybe y/n will come back."
"What if she doesn't though? What if it doesn't work...the whole time travel thing? What if what Scott told us was wrong?!"
"Don't think about that. Think about if it does work. If we get everyone back." Just as Steve says that, we here a bang from upstairs.
"What was that...?" I say cautiously.
"I don't know." He grabs a knife from the kitchen and slowly goes up the stairs. He listens out for the noise again and it's coming from...y/n's room?! What the fuck...
We open the door and see a box of her things had fallen off of her bed.
"Shit..." Steve takes a big sigh of relief. He picks it up and puts it back on her wardrobe.
"Thought she came back for a minute then." I joke.
"Not gonna lie, I did too." Steve said, sadness in his voice.
"Hey..." I say, grabbing his face. "We're gonna get her back." Steve just nods his head, not knowing what else to say.

A FEW WEEKS LATER

We went to Tony's cabin today where he's been since everything happened.
"Tony!" I shout when we get there. He came out holding a little girl which I assumed was his daughter. I wave and the little girl waves back.
"Daddy? Who are they?" She asks. I walk up to them with Steve and Scott.
"This is Nat, Steve and...I don't know who that man is." Tony says, pointing us all out. I smile at her and she smiles back. "Why don't you go help Mommy with lunch?" She nods and runs back into the house.
"What are you all doing here?" He asks.
"We need your help, Stark. We have a chance of getting everyone back." Scott explains. "I'm Scott by the way." Tony just sits there, waiting for us to explain the plan. We explain everything and Tony looks confused but also impressed.
"Will you help us? It'll get everyone back and I know you want that." I plead.
"Why? You have a plan that's based on the movie, Back to the Future." Tony sassed. I rolled my eyes and sat forward.
"Tony. We have a chance to bring everyone back. We should take this chance. Please Tony." I begged. I learned his little girl's name and Morgan came running out of the house and onto Tony's lap.
"Mommy told me to come save you." She said as Tony picked her up.
"Thanks." He said, kissing her head.
"Tony. Don't you want everyone to come back?" Steve asks.
"Of course I do but I don't want to do it with a stupid plan. Time travel won't work. Believe me." He says, "You're welcome to stay for lunch." He walks back into the house and me and Steve share a glance.
"Sure why not?" Steve smiles weakly. We have lunch with them and leave a little later.
"Will you at least consider the plan?" I ask, shoving my jacket on.
"Maybe. If I agree with it, I'll be back at the compound in a few days." Tony says with no expression on his face. I nod my head and leave the cabin and drive home.

Tony's POV
I was running some trials for the whole time travel thing.
"Friday, run Trial #234..." I instruct, sipping my coffee.
"Trail #234....99%." She says and my jaw drops.
"Shit...!" I say, surprised it worked.
"Shit." I hear a voice next to me say. I look done and see Morgan.
"What are you doing up?!" I whisper to her.
"Shit." She repeats, making me put a finger over my lips.
"No. You can't say that. That's mommy's word."
"Why are you up?"
"Coz I'm doing some important shit." She looks at me with a weird face which makes me laugh a little.
"Come on." I pick her up and pretend I'm an airplane. "Bedtime!"
I tucked in Morgan and went to turn the light off.
"I love you 3000!" She says to me.
"Wow...that's a lot." I stand up. "3000?" She smiles at me. "Now go to bed or I'll sell all your toys." I shut the light off and then close the door.

A FEW DAYS LATER...
I was driving up to the compound and saw Steve outside. I drove up beside him and rolled the window down.
"I've decided to help you after all." I say to him. He nods and smiles.
"Thank you, Tony. You don't know how much this means to all of us." Steve says. I get out the car and shake his hand. I open the trunk.
"I figured I should give you this..." I hand him his shield. "Before Morgan takes it sledding." He snickers and takes the shield.
"Been a while..." He admires the shield. "Let's hope this works." We walk into the compound.

A/N - I know there's a lot of time skips but I wanna get to the good bit!❤️