~45~

It's been a week since y/n woke up and me and May were taking her back to stay with us for a while.
May keeps telling me that I need to tell y/n that we broke up but she's so happy and I don't want to ruin that...again.
We walk through my apartment door and I'm helping y/n as she's on crutches.
"You ok?" I ask her as I sit her down on the couch.
"Yeah I'm ok. Just really tired." She rubs her eyes.
"Get some sleep darling." I kneel down to her height and stroke her hair. I see May giving me a look and I look back at her. y/n smiles at me and lays down and instantly falls asleep.

"Don't look at me like that." I say to May quietly.
"Peter, she deserves to know." She whisper shouts at me.
"May, she's happy. Yeah she may remember herself in a few weeks but she's the happiest I've seen her in a while." I look into her eyes in desperation. "I can't ruin her happiness again. And I know I need to tell her...but I can't. I don't want to."
"Peter, the longer you wait to tell her, the more hurt she'll be."
I know she's right and I hate it when she's right...I do need to tell her.
"I'll tell her when she wake up." I say quietly before walking to my room.

y/n's POV
"I'll tell her when she wakes up." And with that, Peter walks to his room.
They don't know I'm awake and heard everything. I don't know if I'm mad or not. My memory started to come back a little yesterday and I remembered what had happened between Peter, Wanda and me. For a while, I couldn't really comprehend what I had just seen. I didn't say anything because I thought he would tell me but he never did.
"May?" I say like I've just woken up.
"y/n...hey you ok?" She immediately comes over to me. I nod my head.
"Where's Peter? I need to talk to him."
"He's in his room. Want help getting there?"
"No I'm ok. Just might need some help getting up." I giggle and May helps me to my feet.

I slowly make my way to Peter's room and knock on the door lightly. He opens the door, shirtless.
"H-Hey y/n. Is everything ok?" He stutters slightly.
"Yeah I just gotta talk to you." I say quietly. He opens the door wider for me so I can hobble in. I sit down on his desk chair and he gets another chair so he can sit opposite me.
"What'd you wanna talk about?" He asks me.
"Umm...I know." I start. "I know what happened, I know that we broke up."
He looks at me like he's just seen a ghost.
"Oh...y/n before you say anything, I just want you to know that I was going to tell you but this is the happiest I've seen you in a while and I didn't want to ruin that...again." He laughs a little to try and lighten the mood.
"Peter." He looks up at me with slight tears in his eyes. I reach out to his face. "I'm not mad."
"And it's ok if you never want to speak to me again- what?" He stops and stares at me. I hobble over to him and lightly touch his cheek.
"I'm not mad." I smile at him.