~47~

It's been a few months and I'm still living with Peter and May. I've been back to the compound a few times but it'll never be the same after everything that's happened.

I walk in the door after getting groceries and I feel someone's presence behind me.
"y/n Rogers." I hear my name said in a weird accent. I grab the first thing I see on the table, a bottle of Siracha sauce and throw it and I see a blonde instantly catch it. She moves it away from her face and smiles at me. "Hi! I made macaroni if you want some." I look at her, confused.
"I'm sorry, what?!" I shout slightly.
"Well I was starving and you took forever so I wanted to make food." She starts to walk towards the kitchen table and places the pot of macaroni down.
"What do you want?" I ask her.
"Relax y/n Rogers, I just want to talk ok." She looks at me. "Are you really not hungry? It's really tasty, really tasty." She walks to the draws and starts to look around.
"Yeah I know what boxed mac and cheese tastes like, I know it's delicious." I say, trying not to eat the whole pot. "I'm not going to just sit and have dinner with you after you just broke into my house!"
"I did not try to kill you! A, I've been following you to remove an obstacle and B, I did not break anything, I way more talented that that! And C...stop being so defensive." She points at me. "Ok? You're so hostile."
"I'm allowed to be after everything I've been through." I mumble.
"I'm not going to hurt you. I promise." She rolls up her sleeves. "I don't have any weapons on me." I look at her like I don't believe her. "Ok, I take that back. I don't have any weapons...currently in my hands."
I look down at the very obvious shock bracelet that she's wearing. She looks at it then back at me. "That's a lie also."

She sits down at the table. "Come on! Take a fork, eat. My daddy said it's good for you." I look at her, the terrified glance still on my face. "You're probably thinking, what? This is crazy! Going to have dinner with a stranger? Who made some really good smelling macaroni? But if I'm being completely honest, if I wanted to kill you, I would've done it already."
"Really?" I ask her, very sarcastically.
"Of course. But you don't know who I am so I must tell you that before I have to kill you."
"Then who are you and what do you want?"
She breathes out a laugh and then looks at me, slightly smiling.
"I can't believe Natasha didn't tell you about me!" She exclaims. I look at her again. Oh my god.
"You're Yelena, aren't you?" I ask her. She nods her head proudly before tucking into the pot of mac and cheese. "Natasha's...sister."
"Ding ding ding!" She exclaims. "You were her best friend, weren't you?" I nod my head.
"What did you mean? 'Remove an obstacle?' You said it earlier and I was wondering."
"Clint. Clint Barton. They were on Vormir together?"
"I think so...that's what I was told."
"He is the reason Natasha died!"
"I get where you're coming from, Yelena. I do but...Natasha killed herself! I would know."
"And how would you know?!"
"Because I died too! And so did my baby!"