~53~

3 Hours Later...

I look down at my stomach and start screaming.
"Get out of me, you bastard!" I shout. Peter had fallen asleep on the chair next to me at this point, as well as Wanda and Yelena. Steve was sitting next to me and trying to keep me calm.
"Come on, y/n. You have to stop calling your baby a bastard. Everything's going fine, just slow...that's all." Steve says, stroking my hair.
"Why can't it go faster?" I ask.
"That's not how it works, sweetheart." He laughs.
"I wish it was." I pout and put both hands on my stomach, trying to take some of the pain away.

"How are we, love?" Sharon comes back over, sliding a glove onto her hand. "Uncomfortable?"
"That's an understatement. I just want her out." I complain, hanging my head back onto the bath.
"Well let's see how far along you are." She checks and her face comes back up, smiling.
"Well?" I say, desperate for an answer.
"9cm, not too long. Probably another 30 minutes to an hour." I take a sigh of relief, knowing that she'll be out soon. I saw Peter was now awake so I made a conversation with him about everything and nothing.

"Come on! Gummy bears are way better than marshmallows!" I protested.
"Nope. Marshmallows beat everything." He grinned at me, setting off the butterflies in my stomach and making me smile.
"How come you make me smile even when I'm in pain...?" I joke a little. As he was about to answer me, I yelled as another contraction washed over me, making me pass out from the pain.

Peter's POV

"y/n?! Can you hear me?" I yelled, loud enough for everyone else to hear me.
"Is everything ok?" Sharon says, rushing over.
"She started to have another contraction but then passed out. I don't know what happened!" I explained best to my ability due to me stressing the fuck out.
"It's ok, Peter." Sharon reassures me. "She may not have been strong enough to handle the pain so I'm going to give her a small dose of epidural."
I nod my head and agree with her and she does that and I sit there, waiting for y/n to wake up. As I see her stir, I see her eyes open a little.
"Hey baby..." I say in a soft tone, stroking her hair. "You're ok." I kiss the top of her head. She immediately sits up and looks in a panic as she starts to cry.
"Is my baby ok?" She asks in a panicked voice.
"The baby's fine. Why wouldn't she be?" I ask out of curiosity.
"I don't know, I just have a feeling that somethings wrong with my baby." She says this loud enough to grab the attention of everyone else.
"y/n? We ok over here?" Wanda comes down to her side and looks at her.
"There's something wrong. I can feel it." She says, looking like she's about to cry.
"Do you want Sharon to check? Put you at ease." Wanda suggests and y/n nods her head with small tears in her eyes. Wanda leaves to go get her and returns about a minute later.

"You ok, y/n? Getting a small case of cold feet?" Sharon asks in a sweet tone.
"No. There is something wrong with my baby, I just don't know what." She claims. Sharon checks her dilation and sees that she is now at 10cm.
"y/n...you're 10cm." She smiles warmly. "It's time to have a baby." y/n releases a deep breath that I don't think she was aware of holding and looks at me, grabbing my hand.
"We're having a baby." She repeats Sharon's words, smiling. I smile and nod my head. Everyone leaves the room and Sharon gets y/n ready to start pushing.
She turns the bath a little bit warmer for the baby, puts y/n in a comfortable position and gives her a little more epidural.
"Right y/n, when I say, you're going to push and while pushing, you have to count to 10 and when you get there, you can stop pushing. Understand?" Sharon explains. She nods her head and grabs my hand to squeeze.
"You got this, baby." I kiss her head and she starts pushing. After 10 seconds, she stops and sighs heavily.
"Is she out?" y/n asks, making Sharon laugh a little.
"Nope, you have to do a few more than one, I'm afraid." She groans and takes a deep breath before she starts pushing again. Another 10 seconds go by and she stops.

"y/n, you're going to need to push a little bit harder, she's in an awkward position and won't be able to move until she's out." Sharon explains.
"I'm sorry! I can't..I can't do this!" She starts to cry and I grab her hand and come closer to her face.
"You can do this, baby. You got this!" I encourage her, kissing her cheek and forehead.
"I can't! Can't you just do it for me?" She asks, half joking. I smile and shake my head.
"Come on! Big push!" She squeezes my hand and begins to push again, yelling as she does.
"Come on, y/n! She's almost out!" Sharon says, trying to get her to push again but she stops to take a breath.
"Fuck...this is painful." She almost whispers.
"One more push, baby. That's all it is before we can see our little girl." I smile at her as her eyes begin to close. "y/n?"
"What's wrong Peter?" Sharon asks.
"Her eyes are closing!" I yell, tears starting to form in my eyes. Sharon rushes to y/n's side and takes a look at her.
"Shit!" She does something and I hear my baby's cries. She quickly cleans her in the bath water. "Peter take the baby." She hands her to me and I stand there, not really knowing what to do. I leave the room and go and sit with Wanda.

A/n - The next chapter is going to sound completely ridiculous and probably wouldn't even work but it's my book so it's going to fvcking work in my messed up brain:)