Stand Tall,, TEN

STARTING OVER

THIRD-PERSON'S POV

THIRD-PERSON'S POV

Thursday Morning. In the school's library; River was writing notes for a test she needed to study for.

"Ugh, you stupid mechanical pencil" River groans, as her lead keeps breaking off. "-Just let me write" She whines, placing her head on pastel purple table. "Are you seriously mad about your pencil lead breaking" A person question with a familiar voice. Lifting up her head, River pulled her eyebrows together.

"Addison?" Rio questions.

"Long time no see, huh" Addison giggled.

River pressed her lips together, Nervous.

"May I" Addison asked pointing to the chair beside Rio. "Oh! Um...
ye- yeah sure, go ahead" River stammered. "Thanks" Addison smiled. As Addison sat down, The barbadian girl's heart started to pound and her left leg began to bounce up and down. "How are you?" Though Addison's question sounded like a mumble to River's ears.

Chewing on her bottom lip, River wanted to avoid eye contact, and speaking at all times.

"Why did I agree for Addison to sit next to me?!" River questions herself.

"River?" Addison asked; gaining the girl's attention. "Hmm" River hid her head in her text book. "Are you okay" Addison asked. "Yep! Why do you ask" Rio says. "-Because I feel like you're trying to avoid me, do you want me to leave?" Addison asked. River closed her eyes and sighed.

Moving her body towards the white haired girl, River gives the girl a slight smile.

"I'm sorry, I guess it's better for me to avoid you than actually talking to you" River admits. "Why would you ever want to avoid me?" Addison questions, confused. Pulling her eyebrows together, Rio let's out a soft chuckle and says; "You really don't remember, do you?".

Addison shakes her head. River nods and bites down on her lip before speaking.

"It was the end of our freshman year together and some football jock through a party-" River explains and the white hair girl nods, listening to every word.

Flashback Starts

Addison Wells spins the bottle for Seven minutes in heaven with a rando; It lands on River Noelle.

"Seven minutes, In the pantry" A boy stated to the two girls. Sharing a glance at each other, Addison Wells and River Noelle agreed to the dare. Entering the huge pantry, Addison turns on the lights and shuts the door behind her. Jumping on the clean marble detailed counter, River fidgets with her charm bracelet.

"I already have feelings for someone, River" Addison stated.

"I know, you don't have to keep reminding me about it" Rio says.

"Yeah but I just wanted to say it, making it clear" Addison said, leaning against on the wall. "I know that you like me, Noelle" She added. "What- no...no I don't" River scoffs.

"I see the way you look at me...and other girls, it's not that hard to tell" Addison says. "What are you talking about, Addison?" Rio questions. "There's no shame in it, you know that right?" Addison said. "Addison, I have no idea what you're talking about" River said; getting annoyed.

"You're gay, aren't you?" Addison asked.

"No, Ew, No of course not" River says. "I...I just think you're really pretty, funny, caring, and cheerful" The girl played with her hair as Addison walks up to her. "-and I think you can do so much better than Zed but hey, that's your choice" River stated as Addison lifts up her head with her hand; Making eye contact.

"I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, Addison," Rio says; "I'm sorry, I don't know...I guess- mmm!".

Cuffing the face of the girl who sat on the marble counter, Addison had kissed River. Caressing
River's cheek with her thumb, gently; Addison used her free hand to tuck Rio's curls behind her ear. The two pulled away from the short kiss and River didn't hate it.

That was the problem. She didn't hate it like she was supposed to.
"I hoped that help, Rio" Addison gives River a soft smile.

"I- Addison..." River tried to hide her smile.

"What is this feeling?! And why did I like that kiss so much?!" River questions herself.

"I should go" Addison says. Before she could walk away, River grabs ahold of Addison's hand as she removes herself from the counter. "Addison, Why would you do that?" Rio asked, completely confused on what just happened.

"I wanted to help you out, that's all" Addison smiled; "Don't think too much into, Okay?".

Flashback Ends

"After that you left and we never spoke to each other again" River stated.

"River....I am so sorry" Addison apologized. "Why? It was probably better for us anyways" River shrugs; "Truthfully, I just wished we stayed friends".

"And we can be, if you want." Addison smiled and River nods. "How about we start over then" Addison said, earning a confused look.

"Hi, I'm Addison, it's nice to meet you" Addison says.

"I'm River, River Noelle" Addison shakes River's hand before She smile at her.