Stand Tall,, FORTY EIGHT

NEVER ALONE

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The very next week, Karma received a knock at her door before she could say anything, it opened.

"Hey there, small fry" Willa says.

She leaned her body weight and rested the back of her head against the door frame with crossed arms. Karma looks up from her new crochet project and rolls her eyes. "Still doing the silent treatment, huh?" Willa said before walking into the room. She then takes up the free space on the edge of Karma's bed.

"I deserve it" Willa tells the younger girl. "Well, technically, I don't" She added with a small grin, trying to lighten the mood. "I simply told Riv that she should talk to you, that's it" The wolf explained in her defense. "How you guys started arguing had nothing to do with me that night". "But I am sorry though" Karma raised a brow and grew interested in the apology.

"I shouldn't have said anything, especially when I promised you that I wouldn't" Willa admitted, softly and truthfully.

"But you have to understand that they needed to know, Karma" Willa's sentence caused the girl to scoff and refocus her attention on her project. "And we both know you were going to do it anytime soon" Willa added. Karma sighed heavily before looking at the older girl with a glare. Willa wasn't going to leave anytime soon and she knew that. "Be real. Don't you feel much better now than before?" She says.

"No, I feel worse!".

"Things were fine!" Karma says, growing frustrated by her sister's girlfriend. The whole situation was dumb. She didn't want to relieve or talk about the night of the argument. It was already hard enough as is. "No, they weren't" Willa fought back. "You were bottling your feelings up, and then you exploded because it became too much".

"Whatever" Karma muttered. "No, it's not 'whatever'!" Willa pressed, moving closer to the bed near Karma. "Look, I get that you're upset, but shutting your family out isn't going to solve anything" The werewolf stated. "It's a problem when I do it but River does it without hesitation, and she's fine" Karma responded, crossing her arms.

"She's with you all the time! I bet you guys don't have problems" Karma grumbled. "Oh, trust, we do" Willa chuckled, meeting Karma's gaze again. "She doesn't shut you out" Karma pointed out. "Not... not really, no" Willa admitted, raising a brow as if she was questioning if she was right or wrong.

"You don't have to force her to spend time with you because you are right beside her any chance you get, and she loves that!" Karma said.

"But Mama and I? She'd rather choke on poison than spend the day with us" Karma sniffled after her voice cracked.

"Karma..." Willa started, reaching out to touch her shoulder. "What, Willa?!" Karma snapped, pulling away. "What can you possibly say that's gonna magically fix everything bad with us?" Karma questions with teary eyes. "You can't fix this" She says in a whisper, bringing her knees to her chest. "Well, what can she do to fix it?" Willa asked.