Stand Tall,, FORTY ONE

GOOD MORNING TO MY DEAR INTRUDER

➥ GOOD MORNING TO MY DEAR INTRUDER

RIVER'S POV

Unlocking the door to the house, I walked into the dark entrance and locked the front door back. "Guys?" I questioned as the house fell silent afterward. "It's so...quiet" I said to myself as I walked into the kitchen and turned on the lights; "Weird".

"I really hope Karma didn't kill the girl while I was gone".

I placed my things on the island and made my way upstairs. A small light beam through Karma's room as what seems to be her TV screen turns black. I walked into the room and turned on the light. "Guys?" I questioned. "Turn the lights back off!" Willa groaned.

"Oh..." I smiled at her response as she realized it was me in the doorway. I turned the light room light off and Willa turned on the lamp. "Hey babe" Willa says. "Hey" I kissed her cheek before I kneeled by her side of the bed. "Was she a lot?" I asked. Willa glanced at Karma before looking back at me. "Nah... very helpful actually" She says.

"That's a first" I chuckled. Just a few hours ago she hated Willa's guts just by being here. I wonder what they did while I was gone. "I think I'm getting the hang of this" Willa says as she motioned to the phone in her hand. "I knew you would" I said. "Are you going to join us?" Willa asked.

"Or, you know, I can just join you" She said. "That is, after I figure out how I can get out of her grip" Willa chuckles. "No" I shook my head. "Just stay in here and I'll see you in the morning" I told her, yawning. "Okay" Willa nods.

I leaned forward and kissed her soft, plump lips.

I was the first to break the kiss as I stood up. "It's getting late. It was a long day" I said. "Tell me about it tomorrow" Willa says. "I will" I responded, running my fingers through her curls. "Goodnight, Riv" Willa says. "'Night, Babe" I replied, leaving the room while Willa turned Karma's lamp off.

I went back down the stairs to grab my things from the kitchen before I headed into my room for the night.

──── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────

The next morning, I found myself waking up to the aroma of breakfast and the sound of laughter from downstairs.

I turned in the bed, rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes and stretched.

"What time is it?" I questioned in thought as I checked the time on my phone.

It was only 10:30. Mom should be at work by now and Karma should be asleep still. I thought about it for a while before I jumped out of my bed and aimed for my closet. I grabbed my metal baseball bat for protection. Carefully, I left my room and headed downstairs trying quiet as a mouse.

Luckily, I succeeded and made my way into the kitchen ready to attack whoever had invaded the house.

"The fuck?!" I questioned in annoyance. I lowered my bat and placed it to the side. "Good morning to my dear— Whoa!" Willa's eyes widen at the sight of the bat or, maybe, me. I couldn't tell since my heart was racing and I was still half asleep. "What the hell are you doing with a bat?" Karma questions me.

"I would like to know the answer to that too" Willa butts in.

"I thought you were an intruder!" I huffed as I made my way towards Willa. "Did my mom let you in?" I asked. "Wha- You're joking?" Willa questioned with a chuckle. I shook my head with confusion. "Babe, I was over here yesterday!" Willa says. I looked over at Karma and raised a brow. "Yeah" Karma nods.

"You left me with her after we tried to help her with her phone and you had to help Lilith with something, remember?" Karma said.

"I guess?" I shrugged. I watched as Willa and Karma shared a look. Karma simply shrugs and grabs her plate of breakfast. "You're an amazing cook" Karma points to Willa. "But, I'll be upstairs because I don't need to catch whatever you have" Karma says to me with sass.

She looked at Willa with a soft smile before she officially left the kitchen.

I sighed and I took a seat in the stool chair. Groaning, I placed my head down in my arms. My body tensed up at Willa's touch on my back before I relaxed. I turned my head to look up at a concerned Willa. She studied me for a moment before speaking.

"You okay?" My werewolf girlfriend asked. "I'm fine" I mumbled. "How did you possibly forget that I was here?" She asked. "I don't know. I guess it slipped my mind" I answered, sitting straight up. "And me being half asleep right now isn't helping".

"Do you have a fever?" I shook my head. "Did you eat?" Willa asked. I shrugged my shoulders and frowned. "Maybe you should eat. I made breakfast!" Willa tells me. "I noticed" I smiled as she went to grab things from our pantry. "Were you seriously going to hit me with a bat?" Willa asked from a distance.

"Sorry! I thought you were an intruder" I reminded her; "I had to protect myself and Karm by any means".

"You're just lucky I couldn't find my taser in time" I told her as she left the closet and closed it.

"Yes. I am so lucky" Willa said, sarcastically. Willa placed the few things she grabbed from the pantry on the counter and then went towards the black microwave. She turned the timer on before she turned towards me. Willa slightly tilts her head and looks at me with a soft smile. "Oh, no!" I thought.

"What? Do I have slobber on my face?" I asked, embarrassed.

"Hmm. And a little crust in your eyes" Willa says with a soft laugh.

"Great" I pressed my lips together and decided to go upstairs to do my morning routine. Willa shook her head and stopped me from going anywhere. "You can fix all of that later" Willa says as she moves closer to me. "My breath" I said. "Stinks. Yes, yes it does" Willa said as her smile formed. "Stop!" I pushed her back before covering my mouth.

"You're so dramatic!" Willa laughs. "But, seriously, I need you to eat something first" Just as she said that the microwave beeps. Willa winks at me before she goes to grab the food. "Here you go" Willa says as she sets the plate in front of me.

She goes into the kitchen drawers and grabs a gold knife and fork. "Aw, babe!" I gasped. "You really put blueberries in these!" I swooned over her. "I figured you'd want them" Willa nods."You're literally the best!" I squealed. "That's what I'm known for, baby" Willa says causing me to smile at her.

"I see you and Karm are getting close" I said as I added syrup to my pancakes.

"Yeah... We kind of had a breakthrough last night" Willa replied.

"That's nice" I whispered. "Hmm" Willa nods. "The only person I feel like I have to get through is your mom still" She admits. "Yeah, my momma hates you" I said, jokingly. "That's not funny!" Willa pouts.
"You're right," I said, smiling as began to eat my breakfast. I swallowed the food that was in my mouth before I eventually spoke up.

"My family loves you. Probably even more than me, but you know, I'm working through it" I told my girlfriend.

"Trust me, you have nothing to worry about" I reassured her as I noticed that she started to relax at my words.

"So, what did you have to help Lilith with yesterday?" She asked, changing the subject.