Stand Tall,, TWENTY SEVEN

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM

➥ YOU'RE THE PROBLEM

RIVER'S POV

"Willa" I whispered. Willa rolled her eyes and continued to write in her notebook. "Willa, come on. Just talk to me" I whispered. After last week since our "argument", Willa has been avoiding me and I just don't understand what I did that was so wrong.

"Willa...please" I begged. "Miss Noelle" My math teacher, Mrs. Santana says. I looked up and hummed. "Do you have the answer for number 41" Mrs.Santana asked.
I looked at the board and realized that I haven't been listening to a word she was saying. But it's math, so I don't really care.

"Um, N-No" I stuttered. "Hm. well how about we focus on what's really important instead of trying to get Willa's attention, yeah?" Mrs. Santana says. I pressed my lips together and nodded my head. "Got it, thanks for the advice" I said. Mrs. Santana smiled and raised her eyebrows.

"Would anyone like to help Miss Noelle out with problem 41" Mrs. Santana asked as she got back on the subject.

Some raised their hands to answer the question and so did Willa. "Ah, yes, Willa!" Mrs.Santana says as she points to Willa.

"7,869?" Willa says as she was still unsure about her answer.

"Correct!" Mrs.Santana says with a smile. "Maybe you should help River with her work? She seems to pay more attention to you than she does to me" Mrs. Santana joked. "Yeah, it seems like it" Willa says as she giggled.

"God, I missed her soft laughs" I thought as I stared at her in awe. Mrs.Santana continued about her lesson and Willa stayed silent throughout the rest of class period.

The bell had rung and everyone left the classroom.

The hallways eventually became crowded and I found Willa at her locker. I needed to know what I did that was so wrong. "Can you stop?" I asked. Willa stopped placing her books in her locker before sighing. "Stop what, Noelle?" Willa asked.

"Avoiding me!" I grabbed her hand and Willa finally looked at me.

"I'll stop avoiding you when you accept the fact that you were in the wrong last weekend and apologized!" Willa said.

"I'm not apologizing because I didn't do anything wrong!" I crossed my arms.

"Right, because you never do" Willa rolled her eyes, closing her locker. "What's that supposed to mean" I questioned. "Look, You're not gonna apologize and I'm not gonna stand here and try to talk to you about something that won't get through your head!" Willa stated. "Are you seriously that ticked off about an outfit and heels?!" I asked.

"Once again ladies and gentlemen, she's not listening" Willa glared at me.

"What's up with her?" I thought.

"How can I listen to something when you're not actually trying to talk to me?!" I asked as the final bell rung.

"I gotta get to class" Willa says before leaving my side.

──── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────

"I mean she's not even trying to talk to me," I told Jupiter as we sat in the library, Studying.

"Mmhm" She hummed.

"I mean in my opinion, I didn't even do anything wrong and she's being dramatic, but obviously that's not the case" I continued. "Sounds super" Jupiter mumbled. "Hey!" I snapped my fingers at her. "Huh? What?" Jupiter looked at me, blushing.

"You good?" I asked.

"Yeah...I'm fine, continue" Jupiter eyes trailed away from me to behind me. "What are you looking at?" I asked turning around. There were very little people in the library today and the only ones behind us were Willa and Wynter. Wynter waves with a smile before she walked away with an upset Willa.

I gasped; "Are you crushing on Wynter, right now?".

Jupiter's eyes widen and she blushed even harder. "What- no" Jupe scoffs, waving me off. "Oh my gosh, you are!" I squealed. "Dude were in a library!" Jupe shushed me. "So. You're crushing and that's very rare!" I said. "I'm putting you on!" I added.

"No you're not!" Jupe hissed.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "I'm still doing it." I whispered. "Willa... you were talking about Willa right?" Jupe changed the subject. "Oh... right." I got back onto the Willa topic even though she was barely listening.

──── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────

"It seems like to me, you're the problem" Jupe laughs as we met up with Mason and Lilith at lunch. "How though?!" I groaned while eating chocolate pudding. "You said she seemed uncomfortable before the dinner even started, right?" Jupe asked.

"Yeah, but-".

"And you said that you didn't tell your mom that she was a wolf and that Willa needed to lie to her and Karma" Lilly butted in.

"Okay, but-".

"Girl, You called her dramatic!" Jupiter said.

"Yeah, I know that!" I glared at her. "Guys!" Mason said, glancing at me; "Ease up a bit, will ya?". "No she needs to hear this or else she'll keep fucking up, Babe!" Lilith stated. My body tense up and I stayed silent as Jupe started talking again.

"Well, to me...it sounds like you didn't seem to care about how things would affect her" She said; "-And it made her feel like you were ashamed of her for being a werewolf when you made her look and feel nothing like herself".

"I—" I pulled my eyebrows together and thought about it for a moment. "Holy shit!". "Starting to see why she's so pissed" Lilith raised her eyebrows while drinking her smoothie. "But I didn't...I didn't mean to do any of that." I said. "Maybe not intentionally" Lilith said. "Yeah, but she doesn't know that" Jupe says.

"Willa..." I mumbled feeling a huge amount of regret wash over me.

"I gotta go!" I packed my things in hurry, wanting to find Willa as soon as possible.

Once I did, I got up and told the crew I would see them later.

"I have to find Willa!".