Stand Tall,, FORTY FIVE

DANCING CONFESSIONS

➥ DANCING CONFESSIONS

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Stop laughing, I'm not even doing anything" Willa responded to River's random outburst of laughter at her. "Okay, okay. Sorry" River caught her breath. "Let's try again, yeah?" Willa suggested. "Yeah. Just tell me what to do" River responded, determined. "Okay, you got the first count down, so you're getting there" Willa stated, encouraging River.

"Let's ease into the second count after the little twist and into the steps," Willa guided.

"Don't worry about the hand movements, unless you want to" Willa added. "Got it," River nodded. Moving back to their spots, Willa played pieces of the song to catch the beat. She noticed that teaching Rio the dance, playing the music, and giving out instructions weren't helping as they did for her. "Five, six, seven, eight!" Willa clapped, setting the rhythm as she faced the mirror.

"Step back with your right foot" Willa says as they start the second set of their dance.

"Twist" She instructed. "I can't afford love" Willa sings parts of the song as she twists her body and plants her left foot on the floor to turn fully; "-And your left foot steps back".

Willa watches Rio perform the same steps she gave out and smiles. "Perfect, babe" She praised. "On to the second count" Rio nods and prepares herself. "One, and two— quick step forward left, back right" Willa continued. "I try to find reason..." Willa sings as River followed along, trying to her best; "-Your body's out first then add the head turn".

"To pull us apart" She continued to dance with ease. "Now pull it together with the cross steps" Willa tells Rio. Willa finished the rest of the count and watches River and her movements. "Whoa!" River stumbled over after crossing her feet leading to a misstep.

"Slow down, babe. You're trying to go too fast" Willa instructed.

"But the beat is fast!" River huffs out of agitation. "Help me out" She pouts. Willa grins and nods. "You got it. Just start from the top and show me how you do it" She said before sitting near the mirror wall, resting her head on her hands. "Okay... Can you not watch me?" River asked.

"How am I supposed to help you if I'm not watching you, Riv?" Willa teased.

"Shut up" River rolls her eyes.

"Start whenever you're ready" Willa encourages. "Countdown" River says, softly. "And five, six, seven, eight!" Willa counts as she claps her hands forming a beat. River started with the end of the first dance count and made her way through. "One, and two, three, four-" Rio twisted her body and eventually stood on her left foot to turn.

"Good" Willa smiled, studying the girl's every move. "Five, six, seven, and eight" The wolf continued to count aloud. Willa nods her head at every right thing that River has done and talks to her throughout the rest. "Left front, and right back" Willa made a beat. "Body out and turn your head" She informed the struggling girl before her.