Stand Tall,, FORTY SEVEN

THE BREAKDOWN

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Yo, Mrs. N! Heyyy" Willa waves as the woman comes down the staircase. "I stole your chips" She added. Dahlia rolls her eyes and walks into the kitchen. "My god- what're you doing here?" She questions. Willa looked over at her and gave her a look as they both knew the answer to that question. If River was around Willa wasn't too far behind— not even behind.

The wolf was always right beside her and it became concerning that Rio was mostly likely being held captive by Willa.

"You know you sound exactly like that one girl from that one movie?" Willa blurts out, itching to start a conversation with the woman. "I remember Rio made me watch it it's called "Home", I think?" Dahlia looks up from searching the fridge and over at Willa Lykensen. "What?" She questions. Willa pressed her lips into a thin line and shook her head.

"Nothing... nothing" The teenage werewolf says, returning to the TV and eating her chips.

Hearing the soft laugh with her heightened senses, Willa smiled. "I make you laugh. You like me" Willa said. "You wish I liked you" Dahlia says. "I do, actually!" The wolf says.
"Just stop!" River yells as she rushes down the stairs. Willa and Dahlia jump as they react to the loudness.

"You are so difficult!" Karma argued back, coming down the steps too.

"It's always "she's coping"!" Karma mocks the excuses she had been given for the past year.

As Dahlia walked back into the living room space, Willa gradually joined her side and they listened to the argument happening before them. "Or "She's going through a lot, you gotta give her some time" as if I didn't lose Dad too!" Karma stated. "Girls" Dahlia tries to stop the argument before it gets out of hand. "No, don't" Willa held her hand on the adult's shoulder; Dahlia looked at her.

"What?".

"They need this, trust me".

"I've been coping too, you know?" Karma says. "I've been failing in science and math! I'd been dealing with bullies on my own!" She admitted. "High school is fucking hard!" She cried out. "I don't even remember the last time I got a full night of sleep!" The younger girl scoffs and looks at the silent River up and down. "But you wouldn't know that though. Nah" Karma said with a small head shake.

"You've been so busy shutting us out and making up every excuse in the book to hide away from the fact that he's gone!".

River's lips quivered as she inhaled. "Shut up" She exhaled. "Don't tell me to shut up!" Karma pushed Rio back out of anger. "Especially when it's always about you and your problems" The girl continued to argue. "It's never about mine" She added.

"River is just little miss-perfect who can't do no wrong and Karma Noelle doesn't have problems. She's too young to understand anything about the real world".

"When was the last time you hung out with Mom? Hmm?" Karma questions pointing to her mother. "I tell you. It's been months!" She spats. "She's been trying her hardest to make sure you're good and things go and are great for you!" Karma said. "But you just brush her to the side with all the other things that are "so boring" to you".

Karma turns back to look at Willa, and the wolf gulps, taking a step back. "You know she'd say anything just to sound cool like Jupiter?" Karma tells Willa. With the quickest turn, Karma's attention is back to River. "The worst part is that Jupiter isn't cool!" She says.

"Yet you were always so intimidated by her that you always needed her approval in something to feel good about yourself or else she would stop being your friend!".

"You even agreed with her when she called me stupid and annoying!" Karma's brows frowned as her nose flared and her eyes became teary. "I say that to you all the time!" River defended. "Yeah but this is different! You didn't stick up for me!" Karma corrected. "You didn't get back into art until she showed up!" The girl points out to Willa this time.

River glanced at her with a sad look.

"Don't look at her when I'm the one who has tried everything to get you back into that again!" Karma yelled.

Karma wipes her tears away with sniffles and sobs. "She brought you back with no problem which is so unfair!" The fourteen year old snapped. "I guess none of my efforts don't matter, huh?" She questions, upsettingly with her glossy eyes and sad-sassed smile. "Karma..." River frowned. She teaches forward to touch her but only for Karma to move away.

"I've been trying to find... I've been trying to find different ways to be around you without being this brat but everything I did you are always against, Rio!".

"Nothing changed with you so I gave up!" Karma huffed. "I shouldn't have to give up on anything when it comes to our relationship but yet here we are!" She continuously wipes her tears away the more they fall. "You'd rather be with your girlfriend and go out with your dumb friends every day of the week than be with your own family!" Karma states.

"Do you know how upsetting that is?!".

"I'm sorry, okay?".

"Your apologies don't mean shit, River!" Karma yells. "You're not perfect, you're flawed just like everyone else!" She says. Karma takes a few steps up, looks up at her older sister, and stares at her for a moment. "You're a horrible daughter and the worst sister anyone could ask for!" River was speechless.

She had been the whole time.

What could she possibly say that would fix the damage she had unknowingly caused between them?

There was nothing.

And even if it was, Karma wasn't going to listen to a word of it. "Karma!" Dahlia yelled. Karma shrugs at her mom, giving her no verbal reaction to yelling. She was going to regret it later but at the moment she didn't care. Karma then turns her focus on Willa again. "You said you wouldn't say anything!" She hissed. "Kar,—" Willa said before she was cut off.

"I hate you!".

"I hate the both of you!" She cried out, pushing past River with a hard bump, and ran upstairs.

Making it to her room, the door slams loudly in the now quiet house.