Stand Tall,, FORTY FOUR

SOMEDAY

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The lights flickered on in one pitch-black room as Rio and Willa walked inside. "You know that I've never been in here after freshman year?" Rio tells Willa. "Why?" The she-wolf asked. "Don't know. I enjoyed it a lot back then but dance wasn't for me" Rio says, gazing at the fairy lights above her. Willa hummed.

She didn't take River to be a dancer. Don't get her wrong, she believes that everyone is a dancer at heart!
Willa thinks that River can do just about anything and it would be a masterpiece. But she just couldn't see Rio doing something other than her God-given connection with a simple piece of paper and a pencil.

"Sick a beanbag chair!" River beams. The light-skinned girl runs to the back of the room and plops down in the cushioned chair. "So childish" Willa mutters with a soft laugh. "What's your history with dance anyway?" River asked. "Besides the fact that you're incredible at it, what's the backstory?" She says.

"Backstory? There is none" Willa answers, slightly confused with the question. "Boo! Everything has a backstory, Willa" River tells her werewolf girlfriend. "I'm so serious. I don't have a backstory" Willa laughs. "It was either this or soccer" Willa confessed with a shrug.

River snapped her fingers and pointed to the wolf; "Backstory!".

"Whatever" Willa began to stretch after searching up the playlist on her phone for later. Rio pulled her eyebrows together and left the beanbag. "Should I be stretching?" She asked as she stood by Willa at a distance. "It's not mandatory, but it helps" Willa shrugged, standing up herself. "I'm taking that as a yes" River says.

"Soccer though, really?" The shorter girl raised an eyebrow. She looks in the mirror to see Willa, copying her movements while stretching. "Yeah, unbelievable, right?" Willa says with a chuckle. "No! You'd look so hot playing soccer!" River tells her. "You say I look hot in everything that I do, Riv" Willa laughs as she rolls her head back in a circular motion.

"Why do I feel like you're only with me because of my looks" The wolf asked, moving her head downward in a circular motion as Rio followed along. "Please, if wanted you just for your looks I'd go out with Zed" River joked. Willa gasped. "You're saying he's hotter than me!?".

"Very hot" River scrunched up her nose and stuck her tongue out at Willa. "God, don't ever say that again" The couple laughed and continued to stretch their bodies. After the Standing Hamstring stretch was over, they started floor stretching. "Dance was something that I was good at, and I wanted to expand my skills" Willa explained as she forward lunged.

"Twist" She told Rio, placing her right hand on the floor and twisting her upper body to the left.

The wolf and the human raised their left arm toward the ceiling at the same time and held their positions.

"I was mostly self-taught, and that's only because I couldn't stand the sound of someone saying that what I was doing was wrong".

Doing their same movements on the right side, River hummed in understanding. "Nothing can be wrong in dance" Willa expresses. "You move an arm, and it's a count" She says. "You miss a step, you make it part of the dance or simply start over, but why do that?" Willa continued. They sat on the floor, and their legs were straight out.

"The more you move, the more beautiful it gets." The wolf looks at River before continuing. She brought her feet together and brought her heels closer to her as much as possible. River eventually replicates the same thing. "This one is the Butterfly, right?" River asked with hope. "Right" Willa nodded and smiled.

"Is it something that you want in the future?" River asked, genuinely curious as they leaned forward.

"Like owning your own studio, teaching others to dance and such?" Willa turned her head towards Rio and nodded. "Owning a studio, yes" Willa admitted, her eyes sparkling with her purpose. River loved that. She hoped that Willa would never lose it. "But teaching others? ...I never really thought about it" Her girlfriend added.

"You should, it fits you" River suggested a supportive smile on her face. "Plus you're really good with kids. Take the pups for instance, you're amazing with them" Willa's eyebrows raised as she considered the suggestion. "Hmm?" The idea seemed to give Willa more to think about as the complex expression appeared on her face. "Cool" She mumbled.

"Do you have a name for your studio?" Rio asked while they were still on the topic. "Dreamscape Studios" Willa answered. "Isn't that just like dream and escape clashed together?" River questions.

"Y-yeah" Willa nods "It's what I find dancing to be. A dream and an escape from everyone and everything" She briefly explains. "The whole thing is dumb anyway" Willa says, pushing herself off the floor to stand up. "You can't live in a fantasy and escape from the things around you".

"I don't think it's dumb" River butts in. "You're just saying that" Willa stretched more as she talked. "No. I'm not" Rio tells her while at her through the mirror. "Okay" Willa pressed her purple glossy lips together and shrugged.  "Let's just dance, sounds good?".

"Yeah. In a second" River stood up and walked over to Willa. "What's up" Looking down at her, Willa faced River with a blank look. "Did I say something?" Rio asked. "No" Willa shook head. "Then why'd you become so dismissive about the studio and its name all of a sudden?" River questioned with a raised brow.

"I don't know what you're talking about".

Willa's doe eyes blinked as Rio looked up at her with a glaring look. "What? I don't" Willa chuckled. "You're gonna be a worldwide name someday, Willa Lykensen" River stated. "Even celebrities are going to be calling you just have to you as their choreographer" Her eyes lit up with so much excitement about Willa's future that the teenage wolf almost believed it herself.

"Someday. Maybe" Willa nodded and made her way towards the stool, walking backward and shrugs with her hands up. Facing the stool and grabbing her phone, Willa swayed her head to the side and rolled her eyes. "In a totally different lifetime" She mumbled.

"Mark my words. I'm calling it, Lykensen!" River says as she goes back to the beanbag chairs.

"You should hang it up, Noelle!" Willa responded, searching for a song in her playlist that they would be dancing to.