Stand Tall,, THIRTY FIVE

THE DAY JUPITER FOX DIED

➥  THE DAY JUPITER FOX DIED

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The very next day, River and her trio were in class together.

River didn't say a word to Jupiter the whole day while the trio was together.

Mason and Lilith noticed that and tried to figure out what was the problem before it could become bigger. "Yo, R, what's up?" Mason questioned as he turned to his side in his desk to look at Rio. "I'm sorry what?" River blinks as she looks over at Mason. "You're staring Jupe down like you want to kill her" Lilith joined from the right side of the room.

"Maybe I do" River says, glancing at Jupiter from across the room in the front.

"You're dark and I love it but seriously what's going on?" Lilith stated just as the last bell rang to dismiss the school. River didn't want Lilith and Mason to find out about what Jupiter had done until she confronted the girl in private on her own. "Oh, would you look at that? The bell rang, gotta go" River stood up, grabbed her bag, and walked out of class. "Riv?" Mason questioned as he and his girlfriend followed along.

"River!" Jupiter called out as she comes up beside the couple.

"What did you do?" Lilith looks over at Jupiter, narrowing her eyes.

"I didn't do anything," Jupiter says as she pushed past them to catch up with Rio. "Rio, are you ever gonna stop walking?" She asks while making it outside, in front of the school. Jupiter placed her arm around the girl's shoulder with a smile. River rolled her eyes and glared at Jupiter.

"I will break your fucking arm if you don't take it off of me" River hissed. Jupe's head jerked back a bit as she held her hands up in defense. "Whoa. What's your problem?" She chuckled.

"My problem?" River smiled at the oblivious act that was being played; "You're my problem. You always have been!".

She didn't want to be public with the situation that had come about to the others but she was upset so it didn't matter. "Juicy" Lilith whispered with a grin. "What?" Jupiter questioned at the sudden outburst of anger from Rio. "You kissed Willa yesterday" River announced. "She did what?!" Mason and Lilly said together.

"I would never!" Jupe scoffs.

River took in a deep breath before she continued to speak again.

"Jupiter...I'm not- I'm not in the mood" She says. "I didn't kiss Willa! She's not even my type" Jupiter said. "Willa is everyone's type" Lilith says out loud. "Dude" Rio tilts her head at the freckled girl. "Sorry" Lilith pulled Mason in front of her in case the Barbadian girl wanted to push her anger towards her.

"Why do I always have to be the shield?" Mason thought.

"Would you shut up?" Jupiter hissed at Lilly. "I didn't kiss Willa, River" Jupiter got back on topic. "Okay but whatever you say won't change anything. She told me everything" River says with a shrug. "She's lying!" Jupiter said. "Why would she lie to me about something like that?" Rio asked.

"Willa's obsessed with me!".

"She doesn't even know you!".

She was finally taking in the fact that Jupiter had some kind of hatred towards her. River didn't want to admit that for some reason the girl had been against her when it came to dating. Of course, she constantly flirted with Rio's ex boyfriends and seemed like a totally different person around them. And maybe she kissed one of them but since they were best friends and always had each other's backs, River stayed quiet about it.

Maybe a little too quiet for too long.

"Why— why did you do it? Explain to me what you could've possibly gotten out of doing this, Jupiter?" River questions with a hurt look on her face.

"I didn't— Riv, it's me, your bestie!" Jupe steps up to the girl to touch her but River backs away. "Are you seriously going to take her word over mine?". "I already have," River says. "I mean it's not that hard to believe" She adds. "You have always been shady whenever it comes down to me dating someone before I honestly don't know how I didn't see this coming!" She snapped.

"I mean you out of all people! I would've probably expected this from Lilith, but you? Ha!" River fans her face as she felt her eyes begin to water. "What?" Lilly questioned the statement. "I mean she's not wrong," Mason says in agreement. "Shut it" Lilly jabs his side.

"Look, whatever!" Jupiter quickly became irritated.

"She came onto me first, River!" She said. "So you're admitting that it happened?" The curly-haired girl chuckled. "Besides even if she did, you didn't come to me the moment it happened!" Rio cried. "No. No, instead you waited 'til I was gone to go behind my back, kiss my girlfriend, and started ignoring my calls!" River pushed the girl back out of anger.

"Now you wanna stand here like you're the victim, and trying to make me seem like a fool!" She hissed; "It's not gonna happen".

"A real fucking friend wouldn't do some shit like this! They wouldn't, Jupe." River sniffles before sighing.

"River, please, just let me explain everything" Jupiter grabs her hand. "Don't touch me!" Rio snatched her hand from her. "Rio, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I swear" Jupiter says. "Just stop talking! Stop acting like you're innocent, stop being such a two-faced Gemini, and own up to the shit!" River spats.

"You owe me that, Jupe! Own it".

"I'm not owning up to anything, River, 'cause I didn't do anything wrong!" Jupiter argued.

"Oh, You little bitch!" Lilly placed her hair in a bun and went in to swing on Jupiter. Mason picks her up by the waist, slightly lifting her in the air before the fight could break out. "Let me go!" Lilly kicked her legs around, trying to break out of his grip. "I will when you calm down" Mason said. "You're crazy," Jupiter says to Lilly.

"Do you want me to let her go?" Mason questions, getting fed up with Jupiter as much as his girlfriend and best friend were.

"It's fine, you guys, we don't need to fight" River reassures them. Lilith lets herself breathe and Mason carefully places her back on her feet. "Yet" Lilly mutters. Jupiter turns her head towards Rio after watching Lilly and her movements. "Look, Maybe we could—" Jupiter says before getting cut off by River.

"We're not friends anymore," She said with a sharp inhale afterward.

Her own words were breaking her heart. Even though it was her heart telling her that she was taking things too far and, maybe, she was. River knew to listen to her gut this time around. Jupiter Fox wasn't needed in her life. "Rio!" Jupiter frowns at River as her heart ached and her stomach turned.

"Lose my number. Don't come by my house" She says. "Don't even look at me when we pass each other in the hallway because I'm done". "I don't care how badly you cry, how much you beg," River stated; "-Or how many times you try to prove yourself to me that we could ever be friends again".

"I'm not going to deal with your shadiness or the mess you caused anymore because you're dead to me".

Jupiter had no words to express her feelings at that moment.

Though it was clear as day that she was guilty and all she could do was cry. "You can leave now, bye-bye" Lilly sassed as she waved the girl off. Jupiter glared at the trio before she walked away to head home. River clapped her hands together as she turned to her, now, two friends with a tight lip smile.

"Now that that's over, can we get something to eat? I'm starving" She asked.

Lilith and Mason looked at each other with the same expression before looking back at River. "Let's go" Lilith smiled. "Get whatever. Mason's gonna pay for us" Lilith says as she walks hand in hand with Rio. River looks back at Mason and laughs.

"I'm doing what now?!" Mason questions while trailing behind the two girls.