Stand Tall,, THIRTY

ART COMPETITION

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The next day while walking through the hallways of SeaBrook High, Willa and River were headed to their next class of the day.

"We don't have much time so I'm going to try and make this quick" River stated. Willa closed her eyes and nods. "Yeah... I figured" She said. River pulled her eyebrows and smiled. "Aw, I don't want to leave you either," River says, placing her hand on her chest.

"But we have to get to class in a few minutes" Rio points to her girlfriend. "Class?" Willa asked, confused. "Yeah, class" River nods her head, letting her curls bounce around a little. "What'd you think I was talking about?" She asked.

"So she doesn't know?" Willa thought, slightly relieved.

"What were you going to tell me?" Willa answered the question with another question.

"Right, sorry! So there's this thing for our art club today" River announced. Willa hummed in response. "And I know it's last minute but I was wondering if my sweet girlfriend, will be my portrait muse?" She asked, turning towards Willa as they stopped their pace in walking. "If, of course, you're not too busy?" River added.

"No! No, of course not. I am totally free" Willa stated.

"You sure? I mean if you're not I can find someone else" River pulled out her phone to message Jupiter.

As her girlfriend's fingers were typing across the small digital keyboard, Willa grabs the phone to stop her from sending the message. "You just asked me, Riv. Can I get a moment to process this before you try to replace me?" Willa joked. "Wha- No! That's not what I was trying to do" River said. Willa chuckled before she held a soft smile on her lips.

"I'm joking. God, you're so uptight sometimes".

"Oh..." River sighed in relief. "I'll be there" Willa said handing the phone back. "Yeah?" River questioned. "I'll be happy to be your muse, babe" Willa said placing her weight on the lockers behind her. "Okay! okay! So now that you're in," River pulled a folded piece of flyer paper out of her pocket; "-The competition starts at noon, and I really need you to be on time!".

"Got it" Willa muttered noticing the printed words at the bottom of the paper.

"The art competition is for a college scholarship?" Willa asked. "It is! Which is why this is so important" River sighed happily. "Hopefully, I'll be good enough to get it" River says. "You're going to be more than good enough, love" Willa said as she sends a wink to River. Smiling, River messed with her bracelets.

"Um, how about we meet up after school and do whatever until we're ready for the competition" River suggested.

"I um- I need to do something first. Can I just meet you there?" The werewolf girlfriend said. "Oh, um- yeah! What do have to do?" River asked. "Oh, you know, just some stuff with Wyatt" Willa slightly smiled. River nods. "Okay. Yeah, go ahead and do your thing, I'll do mine!".

"Remember it's here, in the gym where it will be held" River stated.

"It starts after school at four. Please, don't be late or I'll be disqualified from earning that scholarship" Willa nodded understandingly. "No pressure" River adds on, blushing causing Willa to smile down at her. "What?" River questions. "It's nothing" Willa said, softly as she shook her head.

She then leans down to kiss her girlfriend on the lips just as the bell rings.

──── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────

Pacing back and forth backstage was no help to Rio's current situation.

The Barbadian girl didn't know which emotion to focus on at the time.

Whether to be angry or worried. Worried that her girlfriend isn't there and something happened or angry that her girlfriend isn't here and she broke a promise. River was torn between the two. "Willa where are you?!" River groans as she peeked out of the curtain and looked at the timer on the Judge's table.

"Hey. You looking for someone?" Someone had asked from behind Rio.

River quickly turned around and her eyes lit up. "Willa! Thank god you- Addison?" River tilted her head as she saw the blue-eyed girl instead of her favorite brown-eyed one. "Sorry to disappoint" Addison said. "No, no. I'm sorry, you're fine" River gave Addison a soft smile. "I thought you were someone else" She said. "Willa?" Addison asked.

Rio hummed in response and nodded her head, picking with her beaded bracelet. "She's not here yet, is she?" Addison asked. "No." River sighed. "But- But she will be, she promised! Willa doesn't back down from her promises" She adds. "Of course, she doesn't!" Addison said. "What're you doing here?" River asked the blonde.

"I came to support, and I wanted to see who'd win" Addison answers; "When do you go on?".

"In ten minutes!" River's chest begins to rise and fall, quickly due to her panicking. "Hey. Breathe, she'll be here" Addison leads her to a nearby chair and Rio takes the seat. "What if she isn't?" River asked. "What if something happened or what if she decided to bail on me and make me look like a fool?".

"But that's not my girlfriend, she wouldn't do that to me," River says.

"She's going to be here, probably a fun surprise...that makes you all anxious and scared, you know?" Addison pressed her lips together as she lets the girl continue to hyperventilate.

"She going to be here, Addison! Get off my back, geez!" River snaps.

"Sorry?" Addison questions. River placed her face into her hands and tried her best not to cry in front of her friend. "Look if Willa isn't here in the next..six minutes or when they call your name, I'll take her place as your muse, okay?" Addison suggested. River lifts her head from her hands and frowns. "No, Addi, no- I don't want you to do that..." River shook her head.

"She'll be here, coming through that doorway any second now and telling me how sorry she is for being late" River stated before she held her head back and sniffled.

"Riv..." Addison placed her hand on her friend's shoulder and sighed; "She's not coming".

River glared at the girl before her and looks away. "She has to. She promised me she would!" River argued. "She obviously broke that promise! If she was coming, she would've came by now" Addison said. "I'm here, and unless you have someone else out there to take her place, you're not going to win that scholarship!".

River took a deep breath and exhaled. "Thank you, Addison, seriously" She said. "Anytime" Addison said. Minutes had passed and Willa was nowhere to be found. "Next up is River Noelle!" The announcer for the competition stated. "That's you." Addison smiled.

"You ready?" The blonde asked as River nods.

"As ready as I'll ever be".

EEEE!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 60k READS ON STAND TALL REALLY! IT MEANS A LOT <333