Stand Tall,, THIRTEEN

SLEEPOVER AT RIO'S

➥ SLEEPOVER AT RIO'S

THIRD-PERSON'S POV

Friday night; While Karma was at sleepover with her friends and Dahlia was at work River had the house to herself.

River wanted nothing more than to go to sleep but to her luck, she couldn't go to sleep for anything.

Rio stared at the ceiling for a good fifteen minutes before getting on her phone; scrolling through her TikTok feed for she would eventually fall asleep.

Soon, River finally grew tired and was about to drift off to sleep until she was startled by something hitting her window.

"A girl just wants some sleep around here" River mumbled as she got out of bed. She goes over to her window and opens it while looking down only to see Willa. The wolf threw a tiny rock and it hit Rio's eye. "Ow, Willa, what the hell!" Rio said as she closed her eyes tightly before rubbing her eye and blinking a few times.

"I'm sorry!" Willa called out.

Rio chuckled and she watch as Willa climbed up her tree that was next to her house.

"Sorry, I wanted to get your attention" Willa says with a smile, showing her teeth and fangs. "Yeah, well, throwing rocks at my eye won't help" River said as she walked over to her bed and Willa climbed into her room. "What are you doing here" Rio asked. "I wanted to hang out with you... again, tonight" Willa says.

River pulled her eyebrows together and looked Willa up and down.

"So you came all the way over here just to tell me you want to hang out with me, again?" Rio questions. Willa nodded her head. Rio smiled as she was still kind of confused on why the wolf was here. "So... hang out?" Willa asked. "It's going to be a sleepover" River giggled.

"I heard of that before, I never had one though" Willa says. "You never had a sleepover before?" Rio asks. Willa shook her head. "Oh, this is going to be fun!" River squealed.

Going through her clothes draws, Rio gave Willa an a large oversized shirt and some shorts to sleep in for later on.

──── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────

After building and tearing down blanket forts, doing face masks (which Willa kept trying to eat), drawing challenges and other random things Rio found fun, hoping that Willa liked them too; It was around 10:45 at night.

They grabbed snacks as the two girls eventually wore themselves out. River turned on a movie and they both relaxed. Rio loved how well Willa was so confident in herself. She liked the way that they clicked. She felt like that their friendship was meant to be.

In all Rio was glad that she had the wolf named Willa Lykensen in her life even though they just met.

"Willa, Are you okay" Rio asked her friend. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be" Willa gulps. "No, I meant like today, during class you kept zoning in and out of our conversation, you just weren't as talkative today..." River stated; "I don't know...I just wanted to make sure that you were good.".

"Actually, um, can we talk...it's important" Willa says as she rolled over on her side facing Rio.

"Always, what's on your mind" River smiled.

"It's just...it's been a lot going on for me and my pack" Willa sighed; "I...um I don't want to hurt you".

"How could you hurt me, Wils" River asked. "I don't know...I could lie to you, betray your trust or do something so messed up that you would end up hating me" Willa says. "-And even though we just met...I really care about you and our friendship" Willa admits; "I dont want to fuck that up".

"You won't, Wolfe!" River grabs Willa's hand with a smile.

"Like my dad use to say "even when everything's down, you have to stand tall" and that's exactly what our friendship will do no matter what happens" River stated.

Willa smiled and nods her head as River played with her gold rings.

"When you mentioned your
dad, you said 'use to' as in past tense...what happened to him?" Willa asked.

River let's in a sharp inhale and she goes silent which Willa noticed. Rio lays on her back and looked at her ceiling. "Sorry...You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," The she-wolf said, tugging on her bottom lip.

"Sorry, I- I shouldn't have brought it up" Willa apologized.

"No it's fine, honest" River reassured her.

River lets out a sigh before she started talking, "My dad was
my best friend...he taught me
everything I know about art, from little hand paintings when I was four to his last day on earth".

"Dad passed away last year...from cardiac arrest" Rio says. "Damn..." Willa winced. "Yeah." Rio mumbles. "One day me and dad were in the kitchen, making dinner together while my mom was with my sister shopping for her birthday-" River states.

"Suddenly, He collapsed on the ground. And while I was on the phone with 9-1-1, I had to do CPR but it was just too late, we had lost him" Rio said. "I'm sorry that happened to you guys..." Willa whispers; Only getting a hum in response.

Willa wraps her arms around the human's waist, gently rubs her back. The she-wolf kissed the top of the human's head, unintentionally. Rio picks another movie as she realizes how sleepy she became.
Soon enough she had fallen
asleep in Willa's arms.

"She so beautiful" Willa thought as she looked down the small figure in her arms.

River snuggled deeper into Willa's chest as the wolf yawns, tiredly.

Willa finds the remote and turns off the tv before going to sleep herself.

──── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────

It was the middle of the night in SeaBrook, 2:00 in the morning to be exact when a thunderstorm came through.

River felt small tugs on her shirt and hears soft whimpering.

"Rio..." Willa whimpers. "Wake up" She nuzzles her head on River's chest. "Wils, go back to sleep" Rio mumbled. "I would if I could" Willa pouts. "-But I can't, I'm scared" The she-wolf jumped at the sound of loud thunder outside.

"Scared of what?" River questions, half-asleep.

"The thunder" Willa pulled her in closer.

"Willa Lykensen, Scared of thunderstorms!" River's soft
giggled made Willa relax a bit.

"Yes" Willa mumbled. "It's not something that I'm proud of but I am, okay, so- so I need your protection." Willa stated. River hums and smiles before yawning. "I'll protect you through it all, sweetie" River says, rubbing
Willa's back gently.

"You promise?" Willa asks.

"I promise." Rio said with a grin.

"I'm here for you, you're safe" Willa nodded her head. "Do you need anything?" Rio asks. More thunder clashes nearby and Willa jumps, pulling the pastel green cover over her head with a whimper; "N- no,
I just need you, close to me, protecting me!". River giggled
and Willa looks up at her from underneath the cover.

"I'm sorry for waking you up, baby..." Willa frowns as rest her head on Rio's chest, making sure to keep her close.

"It's fine, Wils...as long as you're comfortable" River says.

River begins to hum as Willa yawns. Soon enough the she-wolf fell asleep just a few minutes later to the soft humming sound and the feeling of Rio's finger drawing different shapes along her back.

River smiles to herself as she hears Willa's soft snores.

"Sweet dreams, Wolfe" Rio says as her head fell back against her pillow.

She closed her eyes again, falling back asleep; happy that Willa was sleeping soundly again.