Stand Tall,, TWENTY EIGHT

REALIZED

RIVER'S POV

RIVER'S POV

Leaving school and making my way to the wolf den was a start.

Normally, I would've gotten lost, but, I remember the pathway Willa showed me. I took a deep breath before walking inside. Why am I so nervous? I was instantly greeted by Warren and the other werepups. "River!" Warren beamed clinging onto on my waist.

"Hey pups" I smiled.

"I miss you" Walker said.

"Aw, I missed you guys too!" I chuckled.

"Guys, Get off of her." Wynter says as she came up to us. They let me go and pouted. "It's fine, Wynt. I love the kids" I told her. "Yeah but their supposed to be doing their homework." Wynter stated. "Ooh" I said.

"But, River just got here!" Warran groaned and stomped her feet. Wynter's eyes glowed, out of frustrated. "We'll hang out later. Go get your homework done" I said to them. "Fine" Walker says. They both walked away.

"Thanks" Wynter said. "It wasn't a problem" I shrugged. "What're you doing here?" Wynter asked. "I'm here for Willa" I messed with my bracelet; "Is she here?".

Wynter nodded, pointing behind her, "Yeah. She's in her room".

"Okay," I said slightly relieved. "Thanks, Wynt" I gave her a side hug. "Mhmm" She hummed before I made my way to Willa's room. I was hesitant about knocking on the black and purple door covered with green vines. Eventually I knocked on it and waited.

It took a while.

"This was mistake, she's not going to talk to me." I was about to walk away but I heard the door open. "What do you need, Wynter, I'm—" Willa cut her statement short when her eyes landed on me. "Hey..." I said softly. Willa rolled her eyes and scoffed before she tried to shut her door, I stopped her.

"Willa. Come on, please, we need to talk" I told her.

"Oh, so, now you wanna talk?" Willa looked me up and down before shaking her head; "Well, guess what? I don't, so leave".

She shuts the door on me but her movement stayed quiet.

"I'm sorry!" I apologized.

"Alright? I'm sorry, Wils, I am!" I said. "You don't even know what you're sorry for, River." Willa says, on the other side of the door. "We need to talk and I'm not leaving until we do" I stated. "That seems like your choice, do as you please" Willa sassed.

"Willa, please? You don't even have to talk nor do you have to forgive me but I need you to hear me out!" My eyes were getting teary. She stayed silent. "Okay...hint taken" I nodded. Trying to pull myself together and keep my tears from falling down, I officially started to walk away from the door.

"Stand tall, stand tall, stand tall" I repeated in thought.

"River! Wait," Willa called out, leaving her room. I was near the entry way of the wolf den. I quickly wiped my tears away with my jacket sleeve and turned around. I watched as she made her way to me.

"Just... Come with me." Willa says before she walks ahead of me.

I trailed behind her and softly smiled. We made it to the small garden she took me to before. She sat down on the bench first and I soon followed. It fell silent for a moment. "I realized that you were right." I spoke up. "I realized that I was also wrong about everything".

"I realized that not telling my mom about us in a proper way and forcing a dinner on you was a mistake." I said.

"I realized that I forced you into being someone that you weren't, which was very wrong," I continued.

"I realized how uncomfortable you were with everything and me, the horrible girlfriend that I am didn't do anything to help" I was upset with myself. "How could I have been so oblivious to all of this?!" I thought. "Hey..." Willa grabs ahold of my shaky hands. "I made you lie to my family, Willa!" I scoffed.

"I called you dramatic!".

"I didn't think about you or how you would feel about all of this. I made you doubt our relationship, and that shouldn't have happen!" I cried.

"I— Fuck!" Willa pulled me into her arms and held me close.

"It's okay." She rubbed my back in a calming way; "Hey, I'm right here.".

"Willa..." I held grip on her shirt as I continued to cry in her arms. "I'm sorry! I- I didn't mean for" I couldn't even finish the sentence because of how bad I was crying. "It's alright. It's fine, baby" She ran her fingers through my curly hair. "Please, don't leave me" I managed to say.

"I'm not. I would never!" Willa kissed the top of my head; "Relax, focus on your breathing, Babe".

"O- Okay." I inhaled and exhaled a few times before I really started to calm myself down. "I'm sorry" I apologized. "Yeah, I know" Willa wiped my tears away. "I don't want you to be angry with me anymore" I told her.

"I'm not" She gave me a small kiss.

"Hmm." I rested my head on her shoulder and Willa's arms stayed around me.

We stayed like this for a while.