Stand Tall,, THIRTY TWO

THE BETTER GIRLFRIEND

➥ THE BETTER GIRLFRIEND

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Hearing heavy footsteps from behind her, Willa rolled her eyes and held her head back, looking at the ceiling.

"Great. Now I have to deal with her" She thought.

"Hey" A soft voice says. "Not now Addison. I don't have time for one of your dumb lectures" Willa said. She turns around at looks at the person who was behind her. "Lucky for you, I'm not Addison" The girl says with messy hair. "Jupiter?" Willa questions. "Hey" Jupiter waves.

"I heard what happened. I'm sorry".

Willa raised her eyebrows and looks her up and down. Willa shrugs it off and pressed her lips together. "It's nothing that can't be fixed with communication" She said. "But she asked for space" Jupiter reminds Willa. "And I'm going to give her that but, at some point, we're gonna have to talk" Willa said. "God, You're are so sweet and caring," Jupiter smiled.

"River's one lucky girl".

"Hmm" Willa stiffly nods her head."Well, I'll see you around" She begins to back away before she turns around to leave. Jupiter rolls her eyes and sighed. "Hey Willa!" The light brown hair called out. "Yeah, what's up?" Willa looks back with a slight body-turn. "If you ever want to talk about this or anything like that, you have me" Jupe says.

"Oh. It'll be highly unlikely for me to be doing that, but thanks anyway" Willa responded; "Later".

Jupiter huffs and follows Willa as she walked away. She stops in front of her, taking Willa by surprise. "Where did you— What?" Willa questioned out of confusion as Jupiter was just far behind her a moment ago. "I don't see what you see in her!" Jupiter says. "Excuse me?" Willa questions.

"River. I don't see what you see in her" Jupe says.

"You guys have been arguing for the past week and somehow you're still together!?".

"She's so obnoxious and- and whiny!" Jupiter continues. Willa steps forward with the space between them and she crossed arms, narrowing her eyes. "Watch your mouth" She hissed. Jupiter scoffs at the action as she stares back at her crush. "She could replace you in a heartbeat and wouldn't give a shit after!" Jupiter told Willa.

"Is that really someone you want to be with, Willa?" Jupiter asked as she came closer to Willa, placing a hand on her shoulder; "I can do so much better than her, Wolfe".

Willa backs up and kept her composure.

"Don't call me that" She glared. "She doesn't deserve you. I do!" Jupiter said. Willa's lips slightly spaced apart as she gives the girl a confused expression. "Wha- Listen, I don't even know you!" Willa chuckled. "Oh, come on" Jupiter smacks her lips. "All I know is that you're River's best friend— so called "best friend"." Willa stated.

"Exactly! So who do you think she'll believe when it comes down to this?" Jupe says.

"Me or you?" She questions as she continues to step forward while Willa steps back. "You're going to get kicked to curb and she's gonna rely on me to comfort her". "You're mess up in the head, aren't you?" Willa asked. "I can be a better girlfriend. The better lover, the better kisser" Jupiter stated. "Just let me prove it"  She adds as she grabs ahold of Willa's shirt and kissed her lips.

Willa pushed Jupiter back, hurriedly and she catches herself from falling.

She wipes her hand against her lips as if that would erase the feeling of disgust that she felt in the moment. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" Willa says with angry as her eyes glowed orange. Willa pushed the blue eyed girl into the nearby lockers and stared Jupiter down. Jupiter's head hit the pink lockers and she winced in pain.

"Ah! Willa, what the fuck!" Jupiter snaps. "Shut up!" She hissed. "And stay the hell away from me and my girl, Jupiter," Willa stated as her jaw tightens, her breathing became heavy, and a hurt look quickly spread across her face. "I mean it" She growled again.

Willa moved away from the crying, fearful girl and officially left the school.