Chapter ten

Lena's pov

So todays Thursday. Anna and Olivia did not come to visit me at work on Wednesday. But what was I expecting after standing them both up. I felt bummed out to say the least, especially for someone that wanted to avoid them.

I sigh for the hundred at the front desk. Honestly, I couldn't wait for the weekend to come. I drummed my fingers at the desk as my gaze made be back and forth between the door and clock. Subconsciously, my mind was waiting for Anna and Olivia to arrive.

I pep talked myself about what I'm going to say to them. Firstly, I'm going to apologise for standing them up and secondly for what took place on Tuesday. The way I behaved like a child and made them have to buy me new clothes. The day I will never forget. EVER. The humiliation didn't sink down a bit.

Mr Noodles tried to reassure me, but it didn't really help, only a little bit. I gave him a kissy and a big hug for trying to make me feel better. I've also resorted to sucking my sleeves of my T-shirts and hoodie. My thumb became a big no-no. It made me slip in front of people I don't even know or maybe Anna's comfort, warmth and motherly vibe set off my headspace.

Nopey, I'm thousand percent sure it was my thumb that cause me to slip. YEP! Let's just go with that, hmmp!

Getting bored, I stood up and walked around the library. I avoided going towards the toddler section even though it was calling my name. I sucked on my black hoodie sleeve to take my attention away as my eyes had a mind of its own and would look every nanosecond to the colourful theme of the toddler section.

I hurriedly walked away and bumped into something or someone. My forehead hit their chest hard as I fell down on my bum. It hurts. I felt tears prickle my eyes and my bottom lip wobbled.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry. Are you okay Lena?" said a familiar voice. I looked up into Anna's worried filled eyes as she reach down to me and lifted me up under my armpits.

"I'm okay" I cleared my throat and wiped away my hidden tears. My bum hurt from the impact. I know there is a bruise as I bruise easily.

"Are you sure sweetheart, are you hurt anywhere?" She asked still frantically while search my body for any, I don't really know, like blood stains or broken bones.

"I'm sure, Anna. I promise I'm okay" I blushed at her caring nature then lowly giggled at the look she gave me that screamed that she does not believe me.

"We'll that's good, I almost got a heart attack" she hold her hand over her heart. I giggle at her being so silly. Anna just stared at me with a smile on her face. It made me blush.

"I was meaning to talk to you, Lena. Will you sit and speak to me, baby?" Anna asked while holding my hands in hers

I looked at her with uncertainty before nodding my head. I was worried where the converse would be leading to. But it was also my chance to apologise to her. I looked behind her and saw no Olivia.

"Where's Oli?" I asked Anna. I wanted to apologise to both of them.

"Well she had work, baby" Anna spoke as she took me to the toddler section and sat me down on the sofa. I blush while avoiding her gaze.

"I want to speak about what happened on Tuesday. I feel as I overstepped my boundaries, including Olivia. I just wanted to apologise if we made you uncomfortable in any sort of way. It was truly not our intention, sweetheart" I was flabbergasted with what is said.

I was the one that should be apologising to her her and Oli. I stood them up and they think they in the wrong. I just felt more guilt settle in my head. I looked down if embarrassment.

"I'm the one that should have said sorry. You and Oli did nothing wrong" I said softly while looking at her.

"Her now, you have nothing to be sorry about sweet girl" she softly chuckle while stroking my cheek.

"But, I made you come all the way from work for nothing. I should have made a effort to messaged you after Miss Willows gave me your phone numbers. I'm sorry Anna"

"It's okay, Lena. It's no big deal. I know you felt overwhelmed and shy with what happened and it is a totally fine explanation. Oli and I kind of figured that out" She's so nice.

"But...." Anna cut me off before I could continue.

"No buts, Lena. I said we understand and it's fine sweetheart. I promise" she said while smiling at me but with a stern look on her face.

"Thank you, Anna. I'm still sorry" I smiled a guilty smile at her. She's so forgiving too.

"But, I have a way you could make it up to us" she said with a teasing smile and tapped on my cheek.

"How!?"It peaked my interest immediately.

"Well....... You could have ice cream on Saturday with me and Olivia. What do you say" she hummed.

"Yes! And it's on me" I exclaimed quickly, smiling big at her. She cupped my cheek while mumbling so cute.

"Nope, I invited you. So it's only fair if I paid. No debate on who's paying" she said sternly.

"But, please A'na. It will make me feel better if I paid. Pease" I begged and used my secret tool. The puppy dog eyes and wobbling bottom lip. Works like a charm on my parents. So let's hope this work.

"No, baby. Don't look at me like that"

"Pease A'na" I made my doe eyes bigger and pouted. I heard her sigh and I knew I won.

"Fine! This is the last time though" She exasperated. I tried to hide my smile, knowing I won but failed big time.

"So cheeky" She said with a fake angry look and squish my cheeks together. I giggle and poke my tongue out at her.

I was becoming thankful that they entered my life for such a short time.

___________________

Look !!!!

We hit number #1 in breastfeeding

Nonsexual and bottle and ageregressor. I didn't expect that, but I'm so grateful.

And I will forever express my gratitude for each one of my readers.

I love you 🥺💜

___________

It was my senior prom tonight.
I'm officially done with school!!!!
Yayyyy☺️

I'll show you guys a picture tomorrow, hopefully.