Chapter seventy nine

Lena's pov

Getting off the call with my mom was one of the most heartbreaking thing ever. My dad was one of my favourite people in my life. He basically was an escape goat for me when my mom would coddle me.

The only reason I was able to work and get an apartment of my own was because my dad convinced my mom to let my experience life on my own.

I couldn't lose him!

"Can we at least walk with you inside?" Anna asked sounded concern and upset.

"Yeah" I nodded reluctantly and walked to the entrance.

Upon entering the hospital, I could see my mom pacing up and down in the waiting while nibbling on her fingers.

"Mom!"

"Lena!"

My mom came rushing over to me as she pulled me into a massive hug. I immediately buried my face in her neck as tears started rolling down my face. I could hear soft sobs from my mom, making my heart clench.

"We are so sorry about your husband, Miranda" I heard Anna say as she rubbed my back.

"Thank you" my mom whispered ass he pulled away from the hug and cupped my face in her hands.

"How's dad?" I asked sniffling as I my mom wiped my tears away.

"He's stable right now. The doctors have him under 48 hours surveillance just to make sure you will be okay to go back home" she said sadly as he gave me a small smile.

"C-can I go see him?"

"Yes you can. He's in room 204, right down the right hallway" She said giving me a peck on my forehead.

I turned to Anna and Olivia. They had sympathetic looks on there face.

"Thank you for bring me, I'll be okay on my own from here, I got my mom" I said.

"Are you sure you don't want us to stay here with you?" Olivia asked, looking once again flabbergasted.

"I'm sure. Please go and enjoy your trip. I have my mom with me and I'll probably go with her home" I said giving a reassuring smile.

"Ookay. I love you sweetheart. Make sure to fetch some of your things before you go home with your mom, here is the key" Anna said, pulling me into a hug and laid gentle kisses on my head.

I snuggled deeply into her and inhaled her scent. I was going to miss her so much when she's gone.

"I love you, bumblebee. Please be safe and make sure to call us everyday few hours. Make sure to take Ella with you" Olivia said pulling me from Anna's arms and gave me a massive squeeze before letting go.

"I will, I promise"

I watched Anna and Olivia hug my mom and me one last time before walking out of the hospital. I could feel my stomach drop and my heart break as they were out of view.

My eyes sting when it finally dawn to me, I won't be able to see them for three days and I won't be able to slip.

I bit my bottom lip to stop it from trembling. I quickly excuse myself from my mom and went to the bathroom. I quickly opened the tap and threw cold water on my face. My eyes were weed and slightly swollen from crying.