Chapter twenty nine

Anna's pov

Lena has been sick for three days now and was in newborn headspace. A newborn and a sick one at that, wasn't so great. There were lots of crying, poop diapers and baby spit aaaaaaand no rest for my breast. But I do not mind, she's my baby.

Sick Lena wants to constantly nurse. About 5-6 times a day. I've tried many times to discreetly exchange my nipple for her pacifier, but she knew the difference instantly and would cry. I wanted to cry too. But Olivia has been a great help with keeping Lena distracted and giggling away.

Luckily, today Lena is in her normal headspace, my energetic two year old and she's not sick anymore. She had nurse twice today so far, the nipple cream was a great help. Right now she was playing in the living room while I'm in the kitchen fixing her snack. I heard little feet patter to the kitchen. I smiled.

"Mama!" She screeched as she hugged me from behind.

"Hi baby, are you enjoying playtime?" I smiled. I dropped the knife and turn around and pulled her into me.

"So fun, mama!" She said excitedly and hopped up and down, with a large smile on her face. I laughed at her excitement.

"I'm glad you are, baby. Your snack is almost done, why don't you go watch some cartoons for mama, hmm" I hummed and kissed her forehead and patted her back.

"No mama! Milky!" Lena said rather loudly, letting go of me and huffed out, stomping her feet.

"Okay then...you can stay in the kitchen with me then. Sit down like a good girl and I'll bring you a bottle of milk" I frowned, wondering where the sudden attitude came from.

"No, no wan!" she suddenly screamed out, while crossing her arms.

"Lena, that's a no. No screaming at mama. You wanted your baba and I said I'll give it to you in a moment" I said sternly.

"No wan baba. Milky!" She glared at me. What the...

"Sweetheart, I don't know why you upset. Screaming and throwing a tantrum is not going to fix anything. Now, do you want a baba or not?"I asked softly. Me becoming upset won't help the situation.

"NO TANRUM, NO WAN BABA! MILKY MAMA!" She screamed in frustration as she started full on sobbing.

Sighing, I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. She continued screaming her head off, tugging at my shirt and screaming 'milky'. She began to struggle in my hold and pushed me away. I let her go and fetched a bottle of milk out of the fridge. I know it's cold, but I hope it will help with diffusing her frustrations.

"Here you go, baby" I said over her loud crying.

"NO!" She yelled, taking the bottle form my hands and throws it on the ground. Making some milk content spill out.

"That's was very naughty, Lena Marie. I'm going to count to three!" I said loudly, using her surname so she know I'm serious. This was the worst tantrum she have ever had.

"One" I said holding up one finger.

"Two"

"Three"

"N-n-n-o-o m-ma-ma!" She stuttered, crying louder than ever. She suddenly throws herself on the floor and bangs her hands and feet on the floor.

"THAT IS IT. Time out!" I said in frustration as my head started pounding. When she was sick, Liv and I almost never slept and it cause us to feel fatigue.

I walked over to her and pulled her up to her feet. She kept her body slump, but I pulled her up in my arms and walked to the living room. I walked over to the timeout chair in the corner and lowered her down. She tried to cling to me, but I sat her down. I bend down to her height and wiped her tears away. I sobs slowly got quiet.

"I want you to sit in the corner for 5 minutes, that's all" I said cupping her face.

"N-n-no t-tim- time o-u-u-t" she sniffled as she stared at me with puppy eyes. Her nose was red and her eyes. Tears stained her cheeks and snot. She looked so heartbroken

"I know, sweetheart. But I want you to sit here and think of what you did. Just 5 minutes and I'll come get you. Can you do that for me?"I wiped her tears and snot away with my sleeve.

"W-we-wes mama" she nod her head in understanding. She looked so cute!

"Thank you, baby. Now face the wall" I stood back up. I watched her turn to the wall as her shoulders shook. Poor baby.

I quickly turned away from the sight and walked to the kitchen. I sat in the kitchen chair as tears roll down my face. This is the first time I ever had to punish her and it felt terrible. I could hear Lena calling my name and it broke my heart that I couldn't fetch her.

I wiped my tears away and continued fixing her lunch. I kept looking at the time hoping it would go faster. I picked her bottle up and warmed it up. Finally the 5 minutes were over. I walked with her food and bottle to the living room and sat it on the coffee table and went to Lena.

"Are you feeling better, Lena" I asked softly. She turned around to me and nod her head.

"Sowwy, mama. Lena no nauwty" Her little voice trembled.

"I forgive you, sweetheart. I know, you just made some naughty decisions. That was some big feelings back there, wasn't it?" I questioned. She clutched my shirt in her hands.

"Wes, mama"

"I know and I'm proud that you listen when mama put you in timeout. Now can you tell me why you got so worked up?" I crouched down on the floor and sat her in my lap.

"Tiwed, wan milky. Mama no gif milky" she said looking up at me. I still couldn't understand. Aww, she was just tired. I trailed my hand on her back for some comfort.

"But I did give you milk. I gave your baba to you but you didn't want it, remember?" I said. She nod her head yes.

"Bu' I no wan the milky in baba" she said trailing her hand up and down the front of my T-shirt.

"Then what milky do you want?" I questioned. I felt so confused right now. There was only one kind of milk I give her. That was store bought. But I always change it up a bit.

"The milky in here"

_______________

I love Cliffhangers!

And the concept of this chapter goes out to

@bladedaddy101 💜

Thank you so much for the inspiration, I truly appreciate it!🥺