Chapter thirty eight

Anna's pov

I woke up startled with a bang coming from downstairs. I groaned sitting up in bed, looking at the time, it was only 6:30am. The sun was rising already. I sluggishly got out of bed and made my way to Lena's nursery first.

I opened her door and saw no Lena in her crib. Panic set in as I made my way downstairs. I walked to the kitchen were the noise was coming from. I just realised I didn't even have a weapon and didn't even wake Olivia up.

I tiptoed into the kitchen with a broom in my hand and saw the fridge door was open. What the freak!? I walked around the counter and saw something I didn't expect to see so early in the morning.

"Lena! What are you doing out of your crib?!"

"Uh oh" Lena eyes shot up to me as she sat on the floor with an ice cream tub in front of her.

Her entire face and hands was covered with chocolate ice cream and so was Mr Noodle. The floor and her onesie had ice cream on it too. Half of the tub was eaten.

"Hi mama" she said with a guilty smile. She looked down at the mess and quickly hid her hands behind her back.

As if that was going to hide the evidence. It's almost like her clothes, floor, stuffy and face wasn't dirty.

"Why are you eating ice cream so early in the morning? How did you even get out of your crib...?" I cut myself off when I remember the blanket rope.

"You know what. It's okay" I closed my eyes and took deep breaths in to calm down.

"Sowwy mama. Mr Noodle say we get ice cweam ans I say no. But he no lis'en to me, he nauwty mama" Lena rambled out.

Did she really bail out on her stuffy? I had to stop myself from laughing.

"Are you sure, it was Mr Noodle and not you? You not lying to mama" I squinted my eyes and put my hands on my hips.

"Yippee, I so suwe" Lena nod her head really big and stood up, walking over to me. But she didn't look me in the face, her eyes were darting around the kitchen.

"I guess, I just have to put Mr Noodle in timeout then" I faked sigh and picked up the dirty anteater stuffy.

"Waits!" Lena called out. A look of guilt cross her face. She looked hesitant.

"Is there something you want to tell me?"I asked, purposely swinging the stuffy back and forth.

"Notings" she sighed sadly, hanging her head low.

I put the stuffy in the timeout chair and walked to go fetch Lena.

"Let's go wash you and then have breakfast" I looked her up and down. She smiled innocently and made grabby hands.

I picked her up and took her upstairs. She squirmed in my arms when I sat her on my hip. I walked straight to the bathroom, not before peeking into our room and saw Liv waking up.

"Cans we showew mama?" Lena asked clapping her sticky hands together. I internal cringe.

"Sure, baby" I bend down and took off her clothes, leaving her in her soil diaper. Her diaper was full and hanged heavy between her legs.