Chapter fifty five

Anna's pov

The entire night I tossed and turned. I couldn't seem to fall asleep as I kept staring at the baby monitor and watched Lena and Olivia sleeping in Lena's crib.

I had to watch Lena having a nightmare and I couldn't even go and comfort her. But I was thankful that Liv was there by her side. Lena was sobbing her little heart out for twenty minutes before Olivia got her back to sleep.

I looked at the the time and saw it was 6am in the morning and I had yet to get rest. I sigh knowing I wasn't going to fall asleep.

I got tiredly out of bed and put on a sweatpants. I picked up the milked I pumped and walked down the stairs and put it in the fridge.

I knew all that milk would be going to waste. Lena rarely ever drinks from her bottle and seeing as she doesn't want to be close to or even her bottle, I might have as well throw it.

I walked over to the kettle and boiled water for a cup of coffee. I reminisce as the sunlight reflect in the kitchen, as I made a steamy cup of coffee.

I sat down in the chair as the light hit me perfectly in the face. I sat in silence as I took slow sips, letting the hot coffee burn my throat, just the way I liked it.

"Think Anna, think" I sigh as I thought of ways to make up for everything.

"Their favourite breakfast!" I smiled to myself. I finished my coffee and washed my hands then started on breakfast

I made some pancakes and scrambled eggs for Lena and for Olivia I made fried egg and sausages with toast. I plated everything. I put Lena's breakfast in her high chair with maple syrup and watered down apple juice in her silly cup, on the side.

I looked at everything but something felt off. I hurried to the garden as plucked some tulips . I walked in the kitchen and took out a vase , filled it with water and placed it in the middle of the table.

I hurriedly put the flowers in the vase as I heard footsteps came downstairs and giggles . I smiled at my handy work.

"Good morning" I said softly as I waved to Lena and Olivia.

Both of them were dressed up already. I frowned and looked at the time and saw it was already 8:30. Wow, time really flew by.

They both looked beautiful. Lena had on a sunny dress on with little daisies on with a white sandal. Her hair was in two pigtails, with two tendrils hanging in the front of her face.

Olivia had on a mom jeans with a baseball shirt, pair with a takkie. Her hair was in a bun with minimum makeup on her face.

And I here I looked like dirt. Probably with dark under eyes circles and messy hair.

"Morning" Liv said giving me a nod in acknowledgment, but Lena just looked at me before hiding in Olivia's neck.

"Hi Lena. Mama made your favourite. Are you hungry sweetheart?" I asked as I walked closer to them and peeked at Lena.

At this point I was desperate.

"I-i made breakfast" I quickly said and pointed to the table. Liv looked surprise at all the food on the table.

"Thank you, that's nice of you" Liv said giving me a small smile. Progress!

"It's the least I can do. Come on, have a seat, I already dished everything out" I walked to the table and pulled Olivia's seat back.