1. What Time Is It? Rencounter

Miss Jenn's POV

Yes, it's summer, I am going to steal my kids and Benjamin back, I am so excited for this Summer Camp, with both my kids and new faces, the show never ends, after all.  Even though it's summer and it's time to turn my attention to the Summer Musical, I am not set on doing High School Musical 2. Everyone's in for a surprise!

I am actually doing High School Musical 3! Now, I know it may not make sense to some because it's in summer, but they don't see things how I see them. I care about my kids so much. it's EJ's last musical with us before he heads off to college. I want our beloved Chad to go out with a bang...because at the end of the day, it's all about the kids.

____________________________________________________________

Miss Jenn and Carlos were shopping in the mall for new costumes for the summer play, including schoolwear, caps, and gowns, and bright pink for Sharpay, obviously. 

"So let me get this straight, instead of doing a summer movie in summer which makes more sense, you wanna do High School Musical 3 just because EJ's leaving to college?" Carlos asks his godmother, confused how she's gonna change the entire musical over one person.

"Yes, honey" Miss Jenn turns to him. "EJ isn't just some person in the club anymore. Everyone has taken their own journey in this, Nini's gonna become a music sensation, Ricky found his voice, Gina opened herself up, and EJ...we got to see a special side of him that's never really been seen before, I believe he's grown the most. So if this sadly has to be his final musical with us, I want him to be able to relate and feel. I want him to make his mark."

"That's very sweet and understandable, he does know I exist now" Carlos points out.

"And you think you could just find the costumes at Old Navy or Ross, but no" Miss Jenn hands her purse to Carlos. "It's a period piece," they say in unison. When Miss Jenn turns around, she sees something she wishes she didn't see.

"Hide me" Miss Jenn hides behind the outfits. Carlos, confused, looks back and sees Zach Roy, Miss Jenn's ex and the cheater, in both ways. "What's he doing here? Shopping for his pride again?" He scoffs at the man who stole their Beast Mask. "Doesn't matter, let's leave" Miss Jenn suggested. They both try to walk out, but then they hear it.

"Jennie?"

With a sigh, Miss Jennturns around with a fake smile. "Zackey, so great to see you, what are you doing here?" She asks, as Carlos just stood there, awkwardly watching.

"I'm here shopping with my nephew," Zach says, confusing Carlos. He has a nephew? Another demon seed?

Just then, a young boy, probably Carlos age with dark brown walks up with a denim jacket. "Hey Uncle Zach, I got the jacket," he says. "Thanks, kid" Zach pats his back.

"Shawnie!" Miss Jenn shows a genuine smile at the teenage boy. "Miss Jenn, hi, it's great to see you again" Shawn smiles. Miss Jenn opens up her arms and the 2 shares a hug.

____________________________________________________________

Miss Jenn's POV

Shawnie was the only thing I don't regret about my relationship with Zackey. He was just a nice, sweet kid who's also an unknown star, like Ricky. He just followed his uncle around and did what he asked. The last time I saw him he was just a little boy who admired his uncle, now he's probably 16.

____________________________________________________________

"What's the jacket for?" Carlos asks.

"Oh, my summer musical, we're doing Camp Rock 2. Right! I opened a theater camp next to the C.A.P.A." Zach just conveniently mentions. "We're actually gonna try and get the closest things we can to the Jonas brothers guitar!"

"That's great!" Miss Jenn says, slowly dying inside. "We're actually going to C.A.P.A., maybe we'll run into each other. we're doing High School Musical 3."

"In the summer?" Zach asks, silencing Miss Jenn who tries to keep a smile on her face. "It's our friend's last musical before he goes off the college, it's like a goodbye gift for him" Carlos explains with a glare.

"Aw, that's really sweet," Shawn says, earning a real smile from Carlos. Suddenly, Zach's phone starts ringing. "Oh, these are the parents, I should probably get this, good luck with your show," he says.

"Yeah, I saw Beauty and the Beast, it was amazing, I loved the Transformation" Shawn smiles, and the 2 walk off.

"I really wanted to hate that Shawn but I can't" Carlos sighs.

"It's okay, sweetie" Miss Jenn turns to him. "The important thing is that we keep this show a secret from the cast until I announce it at the party."

"YAY!" Carlos squeals and walks off, leaving Miss Jenn with her thoughts. Maybe she should go bigger, something more than High School Musical but still a trilogy. Wait, that's it! She got an idea, time to go bigger, better.

"Thank you, Kenny Ortega."

I needed to include this for their little interaction. Some chapters are gonna be the same compared to the first 2 seasons. I also needed a way to include Shawn. Now, I gave y'all a little hint of what the summer musical will be, if you don't know what it is by now, you'll have to wait until the next 4 chapters. As for the reason Miss Jenn chose HSM 3, I don't know, I just needed a good reason and a melody. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.