Night Falls! Recording!

Jamie opens the door to his recording booth and Nini's eyes widen. "Welcome, Nini."

"This place is amazing!" Nini gasps

"This place is amazing!" Nini gasps. "I never thought I'd come here."

"So before you start recording, do you mind if I ask...what inspired you to write this amazing song?" Jamie asks. He was interested in how Nini became so talented.

"Well, my friends really. They like my family Granted, Gina and I didn't really start off on the right foot, we actually started out as rivals because we were up for the same role, but now she's like a sister to me. Then there's Kourtney. She's my best friend, she's been there for me thick and thin, she cheers me on and I feel like she can always be there. Ricky...we've had an interesting story, but he's my childhood friend, he's always been there. But this song is kinda about EJ. He always supported me, he would say things like I'm destined for greatness or how I could still be a star wearing a burlap sack. They're my family. And it's weird cause it felt like I was alone, trapped in a world and no one understood, but now they are the group I can rely on."

"Well, you're very lucky to have them, they all sound great" Jamie smiles. "Now, are you ready to record your first song?"

"EEH!" Nini squeals with a smile. She was definitely taking her music to the next level. She walks up to the microphone and puts on her headphones. "How's this??" Jamie says, putting on his headphones and playing a melody.

"That is honestly how I want the song to go."

"Okay, start singing when you're ready."

(Nini)
Shared a tent at summer camp
Ello nice to meet you
Said I'm the brightest star out
Wondering if it's true

Next semester, took a leap
Put myself out there
Met a group of great friends
Family, I swear

I'm being my own person
I'm taking all the risk
A new name, and a fresh start
And this time I'mma pick

Now it all feels so good
Taking the great climb
Cause I know I will find
Who I am in time

Stuck inside the walls of old
Change for another boy
Don't wanna feel safe no more
There's trouble I enjoy

I'm being my own person
I'm taking all the risk
A new name, and a fresh start
And this time I'mma pick

Now it all feels so good
Taking the great climb
Cause I know I will find
Who I am in time

Running away from something
Or running to the new

I'm being my own person
I'm taking all the risk
A new name, and a fresh start
And this time I'mma pick

Now it all feels so good
Taking the great climb
Cause I know I will find
Who I am in time

Now it all feels so goodTaking the great climbCause I know I will findWho I am in time

As the song comes to an end, Jamie starts to clap for her. "That was amazing, Nini!" Jamie grins, taking off his headphones.

"Thank you" Nini grins, taking off her headphones as well. "I remember being so happy when I wrote this, like my whole life was going in the greatest direction" she smiles approaching Jamie. "Really, that's crazy."

Nini notices something on Jamie's desk. It was a picture of him as a kid, there's a little girl there too on the bed with a bandaged toe.

"Is this you and Gina?" She asks, taking and looking at it. "Oh yeah, when we were kids, we broke her toe kicking me in the knee."

"She kicked you in the knee?"

"Yeah, I made her really upset that day. God, I miss her" Jamie remembers his greatest regret of leaving his little sister at such a young age. Gina deserved a better brother What kinda brother leaves his sister deserted and alone?

"Have you talked to her since the whole brother drama?"

"Not really, I just don't feel like I deserve it, ya know? I literally almost wrecked her first relationship."

"Oh, come on, you're her brother."

"Yep, the same brother who left her" Jamie sighs, but quickly tries to change the topic. "So, you recorded your first song! Want me to give you a ride back to camp?"

"Actually, I was hoping...we could record a video" Nini grins, surprising Jamie. "Really?"

"Yeah, just for my friends, me by the piano, I have a bunch of pictures from my phone we could use. I can't tell you how long I've longed to do something like this. Like the little girl in me is finally having her dream come true."

"Well, okay, if that's what you want, we'll record a video."

"Well, since we're doing things, you can try and reconnect with your sister" Nini grins, making Jamie laugh. "Okay, your future in the music industry should not depend on my relationship with my sister. But if it makes you feel better, I'll try to talk to her about it."

In her cabin, Ashlyn was writing in her songbook, she had already come up with a verse, she just needed to figure out the chorus. She was so busy focusing on her music, that she didn't realize that Lily, Shawn, and the rest of their group were watching them.

"Please, we have nothing to worry about if she's writing the song" Lily scoffs. She was a terrible Belle and if her writing was as good as her acting, they had this competition in the bag. "I don't know, I heard that song she wrote for High School Musical," Anna says.

"Yeah, that was pretty good" Riley grumbles.

"We can do this, we have a bunch of stuff they don't have" Shawn grins, his uncle will beat East High, again.

"But she is so talented" Antione smiles in his thick French accent. "And what if they don't drop out this time? One of the few reasons we won was because they drop out of the Menkies."

"We still would've won, anyways" Lily rolls her eyes at her rival. She was going to win, even if she might have to use Ricky to do it. "Come on, I've seen enough, I have to think," she says before walking away.

The others follow her and Antione takes one more glance before walking away.

So what did you guys think of Nini's new song? It was inspired by one of Olivia's unreleased songs, but it didn't have a name. You can hear it in Driving Home 2 You. I really hope that Jamie and Nini will become a duo, Jordan Fisher and Olivia Rodrigo, I would DIE for that! I love both of them, especially their music! I truly hope that Jamie returns in season 3. He and Gina definitely give off Elsa/Anna vibes, which seriously makes me think that Tim chose Frozen specifically for Gina, based on her personality and her love life. And yes, Jamie will be talking to Gina soon, so just wait. And just to be curious, who do you guys think will win the competition, I already have it all planned out, but I'd really like to know your opinion, sometimes someone else's opinion kinda convinces me to change certain parts of my story. The next chapter will include another camp activity I hope will be in the actual show and we'll get to see more of Kaden this time. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.

And look at Jordan at the NCA, I wish I could dress that good