Night Falls! VKs Future

The Shallow Lakers were back in the practice room. Miss Jenn walks in with a clipboard.

"How do you see someone's character. Today, I want you to dive deeper into the depth of your characters. Each of you will come forward, I'll prompt you with a question, and you'll answer in character" she explains, looking for someone to start them off. "Hades!"

A surprised Bryan gets up from his seat and walks in the front of the group. "Bryan, how would you describe your character?"

"Um, laid-back? I mean, even as a god, he's chill and cool, which is weird seeing as he's literally hot-tempered" he jokes, making them laugh

"How can you relate to your character's point of view?"

"Um, that feeling to be free. It's a relatable feeling to feel trapped somewhere, especially when you're actually trapped behind a magical barrier. And the feeling to break out is strong."

"Thank you, Bryan" Miss Jenn smiles. As the others start to clap for him, he takes a seat next to Jessie, who pats his shoulder and gives him a smile. Miss Jenn looks around to see who should be next. "Jay, would you like to give it a try?"

EJ shows a grin and stands up in front of the group. "How would you describe your character?"

"He's an athlete, one. He's all about a team and looking out for his friends. He has a strong will for his friends to go to the end of the line for them."

"Great answer" Miss Jenn smiles. "How can you relate to your character's POV?"

"Um, we both have had trouble" EJ stutters. "The future is...weird when your parents map out your entire life" as EJ talks, the others start to listen. "Can we get a deeper meaning into this?" Miss Jenn asks.

"I mean" EJ starts to figure out what he was about to say. "I guess we both are having trouble with where we go next, wondering if anything will change, for the best or worst."

"Um, let's take a 10, everyone takes a break, but stay in character."

EJ quickly walks out with everyone watching him. Gina quickly gets up and runs after him. Something was wrong with EJ, and she wanted to help him.

EJ makes it out to the great lawn and runs his hands through his hair. This was all too stressful, deciding his future and figuring out how it'll affect everyone he loves.

"E!" Gina shouts, quickly running after him. "Hey, you wanna talk about whatever's bothering you?" She asks. EJ turns around and just stares at her, making Gina confused. "Are you mad at me?" She asks.

"No, it's just" EJ starts, trying to figure out the right words to say. "Listen, G, when I say that I wanna stay in Salt Lake, part of it is for you, but part of it was because it just doesn't feel right to leave. But lately, I've been thinking about...what I could be if I left."

"What does that mean?" Gina asks.

"Well, I mean, I'm not really the greatest person, you know that, and I feel like maybe if I leave, I can have a fresh start, ya know? Start taking risks, I've never had a fresh start here, it's always been EJ Caswell, not just EJ."

"Eej" Gina says, taking a step forward. "I understand that, but I told you not to hold back because of me. I told you, just see yourself the way you want to be seen."

"See, the thing is I don't know how I wanna be seen. Honestly, I don't know who I'm becoming, lately, I can't even make a single decision, I'm always looking over my shoulder because I'm worried that..you might not wanna be with me" EJ looks at Gina in the eyes as his start to glisten.

"I'm been trying to do everything I can to make things work between us...because I lo...I care about you so much. But maybe the best thing I can do for you...is let you go."