Night Falls! Would I still be Wondering?

In the city of LA, EJ had dropped Nini off at Gina's brother, Jamie's studio. Nini had come there to show him a new song she had been working on and the Rose Song, which she was showing him now

______________________________________________________

Nini's POV

I am in a successful Music Producer's studio trying to take my music to the next level. There's no way this is real. It would be insane to think I actually might have a shot at being a professional singer...right?

______________________________________________________

"'Cause my beauty's from within" as the video finishes, Nini starts to gain hope that Jamie will like it. "So?" She asks with a smile.

"Nini, this is amazing!" Jamie grins and Nini smiles widely. "This is fire. Your voice is obviously phenomenal. Can't believe you haven't been offered a record deal before."

"Well, thanks, that means the world" Nini was about to go on, but then there was a word that caught her attention. "Wait, a record deal?"

"Yep," Jamie smiles. "I called Gina to bring you here cause I wanted to surprise you. I think you're really great, and I wanna be your official producer."

"Absolutely!" Nini squeals, her life literally changed in a year. This is so weird, like I'm here in LA, I'm getting a record deal and I'm not even a senior yet, I'm literally only 16. So weird. It's all, like, happening at once."

"Well, my sister says you're really talented and you are. Besides, if it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't have reconnected with my sister, so I owe you a lot."

"Well, if it wasn't for your sister, I probably wouldn't be here. And...maybe there's a way you could pay off your debt." Nini takes out her journal and places it on Jamie's desk. The dark-haired music producer takes it and looks at the pages.

"It's a song I've been working on" Nini explains. "I've always loved writing really emotional songs. Like, I remember just writing these, like, super angsty songs about, like, how I didn't fit into society or something. I think being a songwriter is actually, like, the best job and best craft. There's nothing that connects people more than music. And if you'll let me, I think I'm ready to record."

Jamie lets out a grin and stands up, making Nini's hope rise. "Well, let's get ready to record your first debut album!"

Nini lets a squeal and loses control of herself. She jumps up and gives him a hug. As they prepare to get ready, Nini sends a message in the group chat with her and the theater group.

In her cabin, Ashlyn was having trouble writing her song. She crumbles up a piece of paper and tosses it aside. She's never had this kind of problem before, the stress of the competition is really getting to her. As she tries to think, she hears her phone ring, Dewey allowed it so she could talk to them if necessary. She picks it up and answers.

"Hi."

"Hey, cuz, how you doing?"

"I'm dying. I'm deceased. Yes."

"Really, it's that hard?"

"It's like everything I write is garbage. I keep trying to write a song about how Mal sees herself and how she wanted to change to make her mom proud, like a symbol for accepting and loving who you are, but nothing seems to be working."

"Why don't you try changing your environment. I hear that works."

"I tried. I went to the lake, then the practice room, and the stage, but nothing worked, so I'm here."