Wildcats! This Is Our Summer

The Wildcats were enjoying their campfire. And thankfully, everybody was quick to welcome Jet, who pretty much stayed by Nora's side. They roasted marshmallows, they told stories and they just had fun in general.

"Kids," Miss Jenn says. "We wanted to say that we are so proud of you, win or lose, you did your best and that's what matters."

"I hope you all had an amazing experience" Dewey grins.

"And we certainly hope to see you again next summer" Val smiles. "Oh, we will definitely be back, right guys?" Nini asks and the Wildcats mummer in agreement. This was the ultimate summer, complete with campfires, summer romances, and curfew-less nights.

"Hey, you ready to tell them?" Ashlyn whispers to EJ, who nods his head. "So as summer ends, anyone wanna give any last parting words?" Dewey asks.

"Actually, he would" Ashlyn grins at her cousin. Rubbing his hands together, EJ stands up. "Um, I got accepted into The Art Institute of Colorado. So when we get back...I'll be moving to Denver."

The group smiled, cheer and congratulate him, but EJ was really focused on what Gina had to say. "G?"

Gina looks up. She really didn't know what to say. If it came out wrong, she didn't want them to fight in front of the group, so instead, she takes her boyfriend's hand and leads them into her cabin.

"Okay, EJ..." before Gina could even get one sentence out, EJ stupidly blurted out something he didn't mean to say.

"I love you!"

Gina just turns back and stares at him, shocked and surprised. "I felt something when you poured that drink on my head during homecoming, I just thought it was hate. But then we got closer, and when you asked me to kiss you, your first kiss which is a really big deal, I knew what it was. It was love. I love you. And it's not like the other girls I loved...or at least, thought loved. You're different from them...in a good way. You're amazing. You make me happy, excited, and even nervous sometimes. With you, I don't have to be that 'stereotypical self-absorbed athlete' I can just be me...which is something I can't really be with most people. And I wanna make us work...we can do this, long-distance. I just don't wanna lose you..."

EJ was cut off when Gina kisses him. A surprised EJ slowly leans it, taking the braided hair girl by the hips. The kiss lasts a few seconds before they pull away and kiss again. Pretty soon they're borderline making out.

Soon, Gina pulls away. "Listen to me, EJ. We can do this, close or far apart. You were my first boyfriend, and this was the first time I've finally done something right the first time. We're going to be together forever."

"Forever-Forever?"

"Forever-Forever."

"Okay, I know I've showered with gifts, but..." EJ digs in his pocket and takes out a small gift box. Gina lets out a giggle and opens it up, seeing the most beautiful heart-shaped necklace that had the words "Team Wonderstudy" engraved. "How could you possibly afford that?"

"I'm a Caswell. I have 2 houses. Don't feel obligated to retaliate."

"I didn't. We all did."

"What?"

Gina takes EJ's hands and leads him outside. "Ashlyn, go grab it!"

Ashlyn smiles and runs to her cabin, Gna turns back to a confused EJ and explains. "So we all know how you would get anything for us, so I wanted to return the favor. And this time, everyone chipped it."

Ashlyn walks out of the cabin with a big surprise. It was a blue varsity jacket. On the front, it didn't just say some number. It said "Pride Wildcat." And on the back, he had a giant "E." EJ was honestly surprised. He was used to giving his friends gifts, but he never thought they would give him one.