Act Two! One kiss

"Kourtney and Howie, almost time for One Kiss!" Val tells them. "You ready?" Kourtney asks. She seemed ready on the outside, but she was freaking out on the inside. She was just a really good actress.

"Yeah definitely" Howie smiles. They had no idea they were both freaking out on the inside, but were pretty good at hiding it. They both get up and walk to the stage. It was dark on stage, so Jessie, Howie, and Kaden were able to sneak on stage and pretend to be asleep.

As the stage lights up, Nini, Kourtney, Gina, and Nora show up. "Nice digs," Gina says.

"I got a really good deal" Kourtney shrugs. This is exactly how she imagines her future, the future Fashion Idol...the future Fashion Queen! All hail Queen Kourtney. They both approach the sleeping Jessie.

Nora kneels down to Jessie. "Don't worry, Dizzy. We can fix this" she covers him with a soft red blanket. "And once we do, they're gonna let all the kids from the Isle. So happy dreams, okay?"

While Nora and Jessie stay there, Nini, Kourtney, and Gina walk over to the sleeping Howie on the ground. "Uh, who's the dude?" Gina asks.

Kourtney runs over, lowers down to Howie, and shakes him. "Doug. Wake up. Wake up."

"He's spelled" Gina rolls her eyes before turning to Nini confused. "Is she not a fast learner?"

"She's emotionally involved, okay?"

In that case, she should be able to wake him. True Love's Kiss? Works every time?" Gina should know the magic of True Love's Kiss. First Kiss. They're basically the same, right? They were both magical.

Kourtney diverts her eyes. "Well, we haven't actually used the L-word yet." Kourtney looks at her boyfriend. Their big kiss was almost near. Were they ready? Was their love true? What if they didn't feel the connection others felt?

There was only one way to find out.

"Can we be alone?"

Nini and Gina walk to the dark side of the stage, watching. It wasn't even about Evie and Doug's first kiss, it was about seeing Kourtney and Howie's first kiss. Bryan even looked through the curtains to see his sister's first kiss.

Kourtney looks at Howie in abject panic. She cares about Howie. Howie cares about Kourtney... more than anything. But there was a secret between them that put this in doubt. But they had to take the risk.

[Kourtney]
Don't freak out, it's okay,
'Cause true love can save the day
And I think we feel the same
But I don't know
When we met, it was sweet,
He was also into me
Seems like things are meant to be
But I don't know

Does he love me, or does he love me not?
Do I love him and is it strong enough?

[Kortney]
One kiss (Nini and Gina: One kiss)
It all comes down to this
One kiss (Nini and Gina: One kiss) (oh)
This moment could be it
I, I, I wanna know
So here I go (go)

[Kourtney]
Keep it cool, keep it calm,
Think he's loved me all along
But maybe I got it wrong
So I don't know (hey)
He's so good, got my back,
But maybe I'm just too bad
Could we be a perfect match?
No, I don't know

Does he love me, or does he love me not?
Do I love him and is it strong enough?

[Kourtney]
One kiss (Nini and Gina: One kiss)
It all comes down to this
One kiss (Nini and Gina: One kiss) (oh)
This moment could be it
I, I, I wanna know
So here I go (Ah-ooh-ohh)
Yeah here I go (Ah-ooh-ooh)

[Kourtney]
I feel my heart beat beating saying "it's gonna work"
But if I'm dream-dream-dreaming this is gonna hurt
Either I will or I won't
What if I do and he don't?
Is he my Romeo? Oh
There's only one, one way to really know

[Kourtney]
One kiss (Nini and Gina: One kiss)
It all comes down to this
One kiss (Nini and Gina: One kiss) (oh)
This moment could be it
I, I, I wanna know
So here I go (go)
Here I go, here I go, here I go

After the song, Kourtney takes a deep breath before leaning down and slowly pressing her lips against his. While he couldn't move, Howie didn't waste a second before kissing her back. Kourtney slowly pulls away and turns. Howie opens one brown eye, then shuts it sneakily, in hopes of getting another kiss.

Kourtney catches him in the act and playfully swats his knee. She was supposed to be playing mind but she couldn't. They had shared True Love's Kiss. And they felt that special spark.

Nini was walking outside of the theater room, humming her new original song when

"Hey, you."

"Shawn! Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, just coming to support the second-best Mal. No offense, but no one can outdo Dove Cameron."

"No one can, really" she giggles but thought quickly crosses her mind. "You did a good job as Ben, your camp also did a good job breaking into our camp and destroying all of our props."

"Nini, you don't really believe we did that, did you?"

"Well, you guys stole our productions and our Queens Crown. I'm not sure if you were involved in this, but I'm loyal to my camp and my friends. And if they don't trust your camp, then I don't trust them either."

"Nini..."

"Hey, Nini, the girls and I are about to watch the Beast scene, come on" Kourtney walks outside and grabs Nini, but after glaring at Shawn. "What did he say?" Kourtney whispers as they walk back in.

"Nothing important."

Let's be honest, One Kiss is one of the best Descendants songs. Even though it's not technically hers, I count this as Evie's solo, along with Chillin' like a Villain. I hope we have at least one Howie mention in Season 3, and a lot more of them in Season 4...maybe even our first kiss. Well, one can dream. And did you guys really think I was gonna put Shawn and Nini together? No, I'm creative, but I would never repeat that awful history (Ricky and Lily). I have my limits when it comes to making you guys sad. Haha. The next chapter will seem really big. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.