3. It's On! New Camp

The campers and Miss Jenn were in the practice room, they had just finished going over the musical number, Good to be Bad, and now it was time to rehearse the rest of the opening scene. The only person who wasn't there was Mr. Mazzara.

"Oh! Carlos, Gina, just the two people I was looking for!" Miss Jenn walks up to the 2 friends with Val behind her. "This is Val, she will be helping you guys choreograph the play, I expect all 3 of you to come together and work as a team."

"Of course, Miss Jenn," Carlos says and their teacher walks away. "Hi, Miss Jenn's told me about you guys, you're dancing is amazing!" The blonde girl smiles. Carlos and Gina smile and the 3 get to talking.

______________________________________________________

Gina's POV

Not to be Gina 1.0 again, but I definitely saw that girl talking to EJ earlier today and he was smiling a lot. But whatever, he was probably just being friendly. Besides, EJ and I are together, he would get interested in another girl. He's not like that, he's supposed to be...I mean he's definitely the right guy

*The camera moves and Gina's gaze moves behind her. She sees EJ sitting down next to Val and the 2 smiles and start talking*

Whatever, it's nothing

*Gina tries her best to play it off*

______________________________________________________

"Okay, let's take from the scene right after Good to be Bad" Miss Jenn announces. Kaden, Lauryn, Rico, and the other background dancers, along with Nora and Jessie took their place, forming a circle. (That's right, unlike Tim, I'm including the new and old dancers)

"You got this" Howie tells Kourtney while Howie gives her a smile.

"Go get 'em, Biggie!" Ashlyn smiles at Big Red, kissing his cheek.

"You got this" Gina pats EJ's shoulder, making him smile.

Nini (Mal) Kourtney (Evie) EJ (Jay) and Big Red (Carlos) take their places within the circle. "Take it from I can't believe this day has finally arrived," their drama teachers say. They prep themselves and Kourtney starts to read her lines. "I can't believe this day has finally arrived!" She shouts. The background VKs cheer and howl as Kourtney begins to speak again.

"Ashlyn, honey!" Miss Jenn says, walking over to Ashlyn. "I was hoping you could show your talent again and write a solo for a character again."

"Really?" Ashlyn asks surprised.

"Sweetie, Wondering was a work of art, is a work of art! I was so sad when I couldn't have more solos in Beauty and the Beast, but now we can bring your wonderful talent back. So what do you say?"

Ashlyn was honestly surprised, but she would love to write another song. "Of course!"

"Okay, then you" Miss Jenn smiles and turns her attention back to rehearsals.

______________________________________________________

Ashlyn's POV

Don't get me wrong, I would love to write another song, but...that's an original song, what if I mess this up and cost us winning the National Theater Competition. The Menkies were way too much, what if this is the same? My song could literally stand between us winning

______________________________________________________

"I honestly wish we could take you all with us. And someday very soon, maybe we can."