Night Falls! Portwell

In her office, Miss Jenn sits across from EJ. "I'm sorry" EJ starts. "I basically messed it up, as both Jay and EJ."

"You have nothing to apologize for" Miss Jenn. "I know how difficult finding a college can be. Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Uh" EJ starts, he's never really opened up to anyone about this other than Ashlyn and Gina. "It's just that...there are a million things to be grateful for. So many kids would kill to get into a school like Duke, but I don't wanna go cause I  didn't earn it. My dad paid my way in, but that's not how I wanna win. Gina said wherever I go she doesn't want me to hold back  and Ash and my friends, their all-"

"Sweetie. All of those people just want the best for you, they want you to be happy."

EJ starts to smile, knowing Miss Jenn was right. "Miss Jenn, when did you realize your dream about Broadway?"

"Uh," Miss Jenn smiles, recalling her childhood. "When I was a little girl, my favorite Disney movie was Tangled. I would remember singing to every song, but my favorite...was I Have A Dream. I remember singing every day. I realized that my dream was to be on Broadway, and perform in front of a live audience. I always imagined myself as a Rapunzel. It was then I realized I would do anything to get on stage. And just at that moment, I was watching the beginning of Tangled and the one lyric I heard, was 'When Will My Life Begin?'"

EJ starts to smile as he listens to the tale. "When I was in college, I found out that they were holding auditions for Tangled on Broadway, and my dream finally came true. EJ...what's your dream?"

"To act, to film, I love doing both. But my parents-"

"Will be proud of you. Have you spoken to your parents ever since you came to camp?"

"We haven't talked much, but I do miss my dad's good conversations."

"I'm sure he'd love to hear from you."

After a moment of silence, EJ gets up from his seat. Miss Jenn gets up as well and gives him a hug. "Remember, you don't have to make decisions by yourself, you have your friends, Ashlyn, Gina."

EJ's mood slightly falls a bit recollecting the memory of what just happened before he was here. "Yeah."

"It seemed like you and Gina were talking before I interrupted, why don't you go back to her."

"Honestly, I think I said all I needed to" EJ sighs, he wants what's best for Gina, and he thinks what's best is to break up now so it wouldn't hurt too much later.

______________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Gina was talking with Jamie by the lake. "What are you doing here?" She asks. "I gave Nini a ride back. I honestly still thought you hated me for what I did, but Nini convinced me to come and talk to you. Seems like I came right in time, wanna tell big brother what's up?"

"EJ and I broke up," Gina says, tears forming in her eyes. Jamie wraps her arm around Gina and she melts into his shoulder, crying. "It'll be okay. Did he have a good reason?"

"He's going to college after the summer, and he doesn't want a long-distance relationship cause he doesn't wanna hurt me."

"Well, that's a good reason" Jamie shrugs. "Hey, EJ's a good guy, he really cares about you."

"I know, but ever since...something, he's been the one person I thought I could truly open up to, and he wouldn't wanna leave me. I guess I was wrong."

Even though she was talking about Ricky, Jamie assumes she was talking about how he left her. "Gigi, you know the one thing I regret. Leaving you."