Act Two! My Once Upon A Time

The boys were putting on the "Beast Ben" scene. While the girls were on stage, Val helped Harper put Ricky in his beast makeup, and they used the old Beast scene from East High since Camp North destroyed their first one.

"Ben!" Big Red shouts. This was like when Ricky couldn't find him at East High when he got stuck in his locker. "Woo, boy, you've got to be smelling that, right?" The boy playing Dude asks.

Without warning, Ricky jumps onstage in his mattered fur and brown makeup. He lets out a beaming roar that shakes the tree props. EJ, Big Red, Seb, and Jack raise their fist (and hook) in defense.

Ricky lunges at Jack first, but EJ pulls him out of the way. Ricky lunges at them again, but all 4 boys judge. "You need some serious nose adjustments," Jack says. "I'm not so sure, Ben?" Big Red asks.

Ricky nods his head. "Huh, I thought I recognized those pants" that reminded EJ, Ricky never returned his shirt. He has to ask for that later. Ricky slowly walks further, clawing his fist close to his chest.

"Aw, he's got a boo-boo," Seb says. "That's why he's so cranky. You know, my dad says his dad did not handle pain well at all."

"You're good with animals" EJ looks at Big Red. "Do something."

"What? Okay..." Big Red takes a deep calming breath and approaches his best friend. "Hey, Ben, it's me, Carlos, all right?"

Ricky snarls, baring his teeth, and launches toward Big Red.

"Whoa, whoa, Ben, it's me, Carlos. You know me." Big Red reaches for the beast's injured paw, but Ricky snatches it back. Ricky was just holding the splinter in his hand. "You helped me once. Remember, with Dude. Let me help you. Let me see your hand."

Ricky holds out his paw. "Let's count. 1, 2, 3" Big Red just takes the splinter from his hand and Ricky releases a roar.

Out of nowhere, a beam of water blasts into the chest. All heads turn to find Ashlyn on the other side of the stage. Big Red spends no time running to his girlfriend, hugging her tightly before talking over each other in excitement.

"When you didn't show up, I was sure she got you, too."

"I was so sorry. I didn't forget your party. We have to go and I forgot your call."

"I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE ALL RIGHT!" They say in unison.

Ricky walks off stage for a minute before coming out with his beast mask off, but his makeup and fangs are still on. "All right, you good?" EJ asks.

"Yeah, uh-huh. That was funky"

"Was. Is."

"You need another blast," Ashlyn says before blasting him again. A part of her actually enjoyed blasting her boyfriend's best friend. "Please stop."

"Well, well, well" Jack starts. "Harry Hook, and you, my little duckling, are ravishing."

"Ravishing and taken," Big Red says emphatically. The same way Carlos felt about Jane, Big rEd felt about Ashlyn.

"Hold on," Ricky says. "Who's side are they on?"

"They escaped and joined us. And Mal has the ember, which is our only hope to stop Audrey. Details to follow."

Hades's Ember? Has Mal gone back to the Isle?"

"I said 'details to follow' We're meeting up with Mal, Evie, and Uma."

"Uma?"

"Details to follow" Everyone yells in unison as they head off stage. "Hey, Jay, um" Jack grabs EJ's shoulder. "Thanks for saving me gorgeous face" he swats EJ's shoulder on the back. At least they were finally friends now. If they weren't, that'd be awkward.