Wildcats! Begin Again

The Shallow Lakers make their way back to Camp. "Okay, we'll be right back for a campfire in a few minutes, so get ready," Dewey tells the group before heading off. "Um, Miss Jenn, can I talk to you?" Ricky asks.

The 2 walked in a private and Ricky was first to talk. "So my dad told me you guys broke up. Wait, were you ever really together?"

"Dating since summer started. Ricky, I know you gave me your blessing and I'm so grateful for that, but..."

"Miss Jenn. I wanted to tell you it's okay. Like I said, nobody should tell anyone who they can or can't have a chance with. I just want my dad to be happy. And I'm glad that you're happy too."

"Ricky, are you happy?"

"Um...I was."

"What happened?"

"I don't really wanna talk about it. But I'll be okay" Ricky lets out a small smile. Miss Jenn nods before bringing him in for a hug. After a few minutes, Ricky just gets up and walks away.

Back in his cabin, he was alone. So he could let his feelings out. He couldn't believe what Lily did. He thought she was his second chance after Nini. He thought he really liked her, and he thought she really liked him back.

He needed something to take his mind off that. He just grabs his songbook and takes a look at the songs he's been writing. He just takes it and runs out. He found himself near the lake. He just needed some time to himself before the campfire.

(Ricky)
My mind is saying go and begin again
And here I am, guitar in my hand
Writing another song

But now I think that I needed to write this
Love is something big
But mine met in the long run

So I'm planning to put myself out there
Now I feel something special in the summer air

But I just can't act like I didn't like her
Was she planning something? What was it for?
And she didn't ask if I was okay after all she put me through

Bet the stuff she's told me's only half-true
Playing with my mind as a career move
I can't help but wonder what you planning then

It doesn't matter now
Now I'm learning how to begin again

My friends are by my side after what you did
Cause took away from just like wind, oh
I wish that I could open my eyes, let this nightmare be over
But you're competitive
Do anything for the spotlight

But I just can't act like I didn't like her
Was she planning something?  What was it for
And she didn't ask if I was okay after all she put me through

Be the stuff she's told me's only half-true
Playing with my mind as a career move
I can't help but wonder what you planning then

It doesn't matter now
Now I'm learning how to begin again

She was the one who messed with the last play
She pulled under my feet
Was it an act to like me
Or an act to play me?

But I just can't act like I didn't like her
Was she planning something?  What was it for
And she didn't ask if I was okay after all she put me through

Be the stuff she's told me's only half-true
Playing with my mind as a career move
I can't help but wonder what you planning then

It doesn't matter now
Now I'm learning how to begin again

It doesn't matter nowNow I'm learning how to begin again

Ricky just stands there by himself for a little. Thinking of everything he's been through. He stands close to the end of the docks, just there.

"Ricky?"

He turns around and sees Nini, Gina, and EJ. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We saw you staring at Lily" EJ explains. "Something seemed up. So the girls wanted to ask."

"EJ was worried too," Gina tells him.

"No, I just tagged along."

Ricky lets out a small laugh. It felt pretty good to know that his friends cared for him. "So what's up?" Nini asks.

Guess he should be honest. "Well, the harness didn't just go missing last night. Lily stole it, and now I'm just finding out. I heard Howie tell Kourtney, so I confronted her about it. And that's great, cause during the play, I asked her to be my girlfriend, so I guess...we kind of broke up."

"Oh, Ricky. I'm so sorry" Nini walks closer and gives Ricky a hug. Soon Gina joins in 2. "Get in here, Caswell," Ricky tells him. With a small smile, EJ joins in on the hug. "It'll be okay Ricky. Maybe this will help."

Nini hands Ricky the note she forgot to give him before the show. With a small grin, Rickyvtakes the note and reads it aloud.

"Ricky, I know it's been a long journey for you, your parents, you and Lily, us, and now look at where that got you. You're not that skater rat you used to be, you may not know what you are just, but I know you, you will find your way out of the old and into the new."

"You know, it's pretty cool after everything we've been through. Dating each other."

"Stealing from each other" Gina groans.

"deliberately damaging people's faces" EJ raises his eyebrows, he still felt that basketball hit on his lip.

"But at the end of the day, we're all still great friends" Nini grins. "Because we're rotten?"

"To the core" the 4 yell in unison, sharing a laugh. Unlike the others, EJ's laughter faded a bit earlier because he had something to tell everything...and was still trying to figure out the courage

So how'd you guys like Ricky's solo? I was hoping this chapter could be out before after Finally Free so I could switch it out, but it's okay. I still like this one. And the Ricky/Nini/EJ/Gina friendship is all I need really. Why does it have to be a love square or whatever shape it is between them, loke, they all had a song together, can we just let them all be best friends, I'm begging! I'm also begging for Portwell endgame, but whatever. And Ricky's learning to be happy, as he should, everyone deserves happiness (EVERYONE to the toxic Rina shippers I've seen). I hope we get at least one scene with the main 4 together, I manifest it. The last chapter comes out TOMORROW! I'M NOT READY! Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.