✦ chapter ten.

ೃ༄ "he's incredible, he's one of the strongest warriors i have ever seen

ೃ༄ "he's incredible, he's one of the strongest warriors i have ever seen."
✧──────✧

a day left before the magift tournament. it was already past dusk and all of the students were back in their dorms having their well-earned dinner, but not for diasomnia students. they ate their fill earlier and decided to patrol the school on their own will. so here f/n and silver were, walking around the courtyard and patrolling the school grounds to make sure it is all safe. f/n and silver have decided to patrol the courtyard together. after all, they are quite close, even if it may not seem like it to the rest.

the two heard footsteps approaching and hid behind the bushes, rustling it ever so slightly as it caught the attention of the suspicious person.

immediately after, f/n and silver jumped out of the bushes. silver held a baton and was about to attack the suspicious individual, while f/n pointed her sword.

"halt! who goes there?!"

"who are you?! state your name at once!"

the individual shrieked as he took a step back from the two, "—e-eek! i-i'm not anyone s-suspicious! i-i'm idia shroud... from i-i-ignihyde dorm!!! s-so please put down those weapons you're holding there!" the two calmed themselves and placed their weapon on their side as they let out a relieved sigh, realizing it was just a familiar face.

"oh, it's just you, idia-senpai. so that means you aren't anyone suspicious," replied silver. idia stared at the two as he stuttered, "i-i think someone who suddenly jumps out of the bushes while holding a baton and a sword is more suspicious..." silver and f/n ignored his statement as the diasomnia first year asked, "what are you doing out here at this hour, shroud? isn't it time for dinner for the other students in the dorm?" idia kept his hands in his hoodie pockets as he replied, "i-i was on my way to buy a mask..."

"for a mechanical engineering experiment?"

'probably to hide his face during the tournament... shroud dislikes being in a crowd, after all. he was like that even when we were younger,' thought f/n as idia sighed and refused to answer silver's question. "what about you, why are you two walking around in your ceremonial robes...!" asked idia. silver glanced at his robe and replied, "this outfit is best for concealing oneself in the darkness. it may lack mobility, but due to some circumstances, we both don't have our dorm uniforms right now."

"eh? eh? how come you both are being stealthy? a-are you perhaps a ninja, silver-shi, f/n-shi?! ...i did not know you had a second job, f-f/n-shi!" exclaimed idia as the two stared at him with a confused look. "hm? what is a ninja?" asked silver. "they're individuals who are rumored to be from a faraway kingdom to the east. they gather intelligence and do dirty work in their operations. have you never heard of a shiruken, or katon jutsu?"