✦ chapter eighty five.

ೃ༄ "happy birthday!"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

f/n let out another sigh before tossing the papers back in the drawer. it was still early in the morning, around 6 am, but here they are, doing all the paperwork that crowley should be doing.

"i need a break..." mumbled the first year as they stood up and walked towards the door. they twisted the knob and opened the door, only to be greeted by the auburn-haired heartslabyul first year.

the diasomnia student raised a brow as they said, "...good... morning? why are you standing there at 6 in the morning?" ace smiled as he sheepishly replied, "i was about to knock... anyway, hello, n/n! today is an amazing day, isn't it~?"

the diasomnia first year stayed silent as ace continued before handing a small gift box to them, "and on this amazing day... here's a gift~"

"..."

"..."

"...what do you want me to do?"

"eh?" blinked ace, "no! no! i'm not bribing you... it's a birthday gift! happy birthday, n/n~" f/n's eyes widened as they hesitantly grabbed the gift box from ace before opening it. inside was a heart-shaped locket and as they opened it, an image of her and ace both in suits back during the ghost marriage was shown.

"i know you're a man in that photo... but whether you're a guy or a girl, you're still n/n to me. happy birthday," spoke ace, "so? is my gift so cool~?"

"...you know my birthday?" asked the first year as they stared at him wide-eyed. "...actually, i asked dorm head rosehearts about it before and then i marked it on my calendar. are you... mad?" questioned ace.

f/n shook her head as she looked at ace with a small smile on her face, "no... i'm not mad. i'm sorry i did not tell you about it. i thought it wasn't that important... thank you."

"no thanks needed, n/n! mind if i hug you?" asked the heartslabyul first year. f/n opened her arms lightly as ace embraced the diasomnia first year, "thank you, ace... really."

later on, it was time for the students to have their morning break. despite being the acting headmaster, f/n was still required to attend her classes as a regular student. the teachers were kind enough to take over the duties for her if she was busy with one class.

the seven first years sat together in one table as they all had their meals. their table was not quiet in the slightest; ace and deuce were bickering, grim was trying to steal others' food, and sebek was yelling at them to keep quiet.

f/n, jack, and epel sat there silently as they ate their food and ignored the antics of their other friends. though, it only took a little bit for the diasomnia first year to groan, "eat your meals quietly... you're starting to bother the other tables..."

the noisy ones suddenly got quiet as they nodded and ate their meal, though they were still eyeing one another. "...grim, if you're that hungry, go buy another meal for yourself," spoke the diasomnia first year as they sipped on their drink.