✦ chapter one hundred forty four.

ೃ༄ "i was supposed to be the one protecting you

ೃ༄ "i was supposed to be the one protecting you."
✧──────✧

f/n silently walked towards the hall of mirrors with her hands in her pockets, ignoring the stares and murmurs of the other students as she passed by them. 

"yo, have you heard? malleus' right hand is going to be the general soon!"

"you mean l/n? it was to be expected... she's terrifying and powerful, i wouldn't be surprised if she ends up taking control of the other military forces all over twisted wonderland!"

"with malleus draconia being the king and f/n l/n as his right hand and general, we'd have the most powerful mages in our school!"

"malleus and f/n are part of the top five, are we even surprised at this point?"

"shut up, you two. f/n is right there! fae ears have better hearing than normal," spoke a heartslabyul student as they eyed the diasomnia lady walking past them. the ignihyde student accompanying him rolled their eyes and replied, "she can hear you, too, idiot."

a soft sigh escaped the lady's lips as she entered the hall of mirrors and passed through her dorm's mirror. as soon as she stepped into their entrance, a wave of comfort surged through her whole body as she felt relaxed at the sight of her dorm. with each step taken, the more she appreciated the calming silence of diasomnia. 

the calming silence was slowly replaced by a soft melody from malleus' violin as he left his window open for the entire dorm to hear his strikingly beautiful performance. accompanied by his violin performance was lilia's praises and feedbacks as he continued to admire malleus' performance. f/n paused in her tracks as she looked up at the open balcony window, smiling at the sight of her two beloved people spending time together as if nothing had happened last night. 

lilia and malleus sensed her gaze on them as they both looked out the window and spotted her by the entrance. they smiled at the sight of the lady as f/n slightly waved at them, "wonderful performance, mal... you can continue. i'll head to the lounge."

her voice was loud enough for malleus and lilia to hear as they gave her a curt nod. f/n continued walking as she entered the dorm's foyer on her way to the lounge. once she has arrived, she was met with people she was not expecting to see.

"hello, sil— jamil? kalim? what are you doing in here?"

silver looked at the lady and acknowledged her greeting, "ah, hello, my lady..."

the two scarabia students glanced at the diasomnia first-year as jamil spoke, "ah, it looks like the other diasomnia students have returned... we shouldn't overstay our welcome and bother them. kalim, we must head back to our dorm."

"eh? but... silver hasn't been able to express his feelings yet," replied kalim.

silver shook his head in response, "no, no... i have already taken a lot of your time. you've helped me enough, kalim. thank you, you two, i can start to unravel this issue. i will do my best on my own from here on out."