✦ chapter fifty five.

ೃ༄ "comparing one's skills over another is not something you should do!!"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

they had no classes on the next day, which gave them the chance to start their training early in the morning. f/n was seated on the floor as they read their book, tuning out all the noises and idle conversations of the selection team.

vil wasn't around yet, which gave them time to chit-chat.

f/n was silently enjoying their time until yuu spoke to kalim, "can you tell us more about it?" f/n's gaze tore away from the book and landed on kalim. kalim nodded with a smile as he narrated, "one day, the little street rat met the princess and he fell in love. after that, he started regretting all the petty thefts and lies he made back then and had a change of heart. next thing you know, he saved the sultan and the princess from an evil sorcerer! and then, he and the princess got married, so he turned into the next sultan. a happy ending, right~?"

"i really love that story! everyone believed in his change of heart, so he did his best to show it." finished kalim.

deuce nodded as he mumbled, "what you did in the past doesn’t matter… it’s what you do next that’s important, huh." ace hummed as he replied, "i guess it’s a nice change since in fairy tales, bad guys usually never get redemption arcs."

"exactly! which is why, i promised to myself to live life to the fullest, too. well, it's certainly something i learned to live with just so i could enjoy a meal, too! ahaha!" responded kalim as he let out a short laugh.

epel blinked as he mumbled, "kalim-san is laughing, but his story sounds so concerning..." jamil shrugged and replied, "maybe... but i guess it's not that bad if he can laugh about it."

"why was such a bright and lively person like him chosen by the mirror of darkness?" asked yuu. "true! you're so nice it makes my ears twitch," added grim. kalim tilted his head as he asked, "hm? did i say something weird?"

epel shook his head and responded, "not at all... it's just that you seem to be a little different compared to the other students in our school... maybe?" f/n glanced at epel as they commented, "isn't that nice, though? kalim is like a breath of fresh air, since he's quite different from everyone else in our school."

"boohoo~ n/n's got a crush," remarked ace as he rolled his eyes. f/n lightly punched ace's arms and said, "watch your mouth, ace." ace stuck his tongue out as f/n did the same, making deuce and yuu sigh as they shook their heads.

"oh, yeah... well, i got to this school two months late, so i transferred in halfway." replied kalim, making three of the first years widen their eyes. "WHAT?!" exclaimed epel, grim, and deuce. "it's possible to transfer here...?" questioned epel.

"is it that surprising...?" asked kalim before taking a glance at yuu, "i mean, yuu's got a special admission too, right?" yuu blinked as he mumbled his response, "i arrived during the entrance ceremony..."