✦ chapter thirty six.

ೃ༄ "what does that feel like?"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

f/n had just finished their morning training with lilia, silver, and sebek. at times like these, malleus is rarely around since he has tons of duties to attend to. it was already in the middle of the day, though briar valley did not have the shining sun glaring at them for it was usually dark in there. the four had already fixed themselves and are off to do their own thing. at this time of the day, f/n would usually be spending time with their father, who would either be teaching them about military strategies or anything related to that.

f/n was walking towards her father's study, but before they could do a sharp turn to the right, they sensed a presence nearby and decided to stop in their tracks and hide from the view.

"lilia, i've been meaning to ask for some advice from you."

"what is it, malleus?"

"lately, i've been feeling a little...different around f/n..."

"fufu, don't we all?"

"hm? what do you mean?"

"i meant, you and i, as well as silver and sebek, do feel different around f/n. she is a great person, after all."

"...i feel so warm when she's around, is that normal?"

f/n did not want to listen further as she decided to show herself. she made a turn to the right and was greeted by lilia and malleus standing by the hallway. they shifted their attention towards her as lilia said, "you were eavesdropping, weren't you?" f/n shrugged as they replied, "seems both of you heard my footsteps earlier, then. what's wrong? why are you two conversing in the middle of the hall?" lilia crossed his arms and said, "beastie, don't play dumb with us."

"alright, fine. i heard what you said, though i do not understand what you mean... perhaps i've been giving off a warm aura? maybe i used my fire magic too much..." replied f/n. lilia and malleus blinked in response, not knowing what to say to that. f/n shrugged it off and said, "well, anyway... i'll be off to my father's study. good luck with your royal duties, mal. thanks for the lesson earlier, lil." f/n waved the two goodbye as they walked away and stood in front of their father's study. she knocked twice before opening the door, greeting her father that was busy reading some paperwork.

her father looked up from all the paperwork and beamed as he realized who it was, "f/n, my child! come, sit!" he tucked his paperwork away and stood up as he held out his arms for a hug, immediately walking towards the first year. he engulfed the eldest l/n into a hug as he said, "your father missed you so much! how was night raven college? are the boys there bothering you?" f/n shook their head as they responded, "no... night raven college was interesting, to say the least. the students there are quite problematic, though..."

her father, vincent, motioned for them to sit as he sat down on his chair. "i see, well... i have requested to build your very own study while you were gone, aaaand it's next door~ it's all cleaned and ready for you to use." f/n's eyes widened as they said, "w-what? why?" vincent smiled as he replied, "it's only in a matter of years or months before you take over my position, dear. ...oh, i'm so excited! my very own daughter, leading the army!" vincent wiped a tear away as he stood up and walked to the door, ushering f/n to follow along.