✦ chapter one hundred forty eight.

ೃ༄ "they'll be disappointed in you."
✧──────✧

f/n's heels clanked on the floors of the lounge, her eyes gazing at every sleeping individual with her arms crossed as if she was guarding - no, monitoring, these unconscious students.

malleus had decided to watch over lilia's dream, leaving f/n alone in the reality plane. green smog covered her surroundings as she lifted her hand to summon her glowing violet sphere, supervising the dreams to see what was going on.

unbeknownst to the lady, she will see the truth in the current dream she was watching over.

the sphere currently showed the scene of when lilia and his troops were in the silver owls' headquarters. f/n crossed her arms with a raised brow as she continued to watch over the dream.

...

"general! we received a report! princess meleanor's castle is..." trailed off baul as he had a worried expression on his face, "princess meleanor's castle is under siege by the silver owls led by henrik and the knight of dawn!"

silver, sebek, yuuken, and grim had shocked expressions as lilia seemed upset, "let's hurry back to meleanor's castle—!"

"your body can't do it!" exclaimed silver as he immediately held lilia's weakening body. his injuries were fatal enough to weaken him, but the stubborn general did not care, "shut up! i do not care about the wounds!"

...

'meleanor...? ah... malleus' mother...' thought f/n as she tilted her head a little, mumbling softly to herself, "this dream takes place in the past..."

her eyes glazed over lilia's sleeping figure as she looked back at her glowing sphere, almost seeming a little weary of what might unfold. 

...

whilst baul and lilia were conversing, silver had suddenly gotten an idea. slapping his cheek as if to snap himself out of his thoughts, he whispered, "yes...!"

grim and yuu seemed alarmed at his sudden action as grim spoke, "eh?! what's wrong, silver? you suddenly slapped your cheek..."

"it won't get better even if i am depressed and kneeling down. we must think of a way, if there is anything we can do," replied silver.

"...ah, that's right," responded sebek, "when training in the mountains, it was common for the roads to be blocked by dirt and fallen trees. if you stop thinking and stand still, the sun will set and, in some cases, there will be a high possibility of getting yourself involved in a disaster. whether you decide to turn back or take a detour... the sooner you decide, the better your chances of survival will be."

"...'as long as you are alive, you'll be alright' is what i hear from him every day," mumbled silver. "yes. that is the teaching of our master," replied sebek as he had a small proud smile on his lips, "we must bring lilia-sama to princess meleanor's castle as safely and quickly as possible. flying is the only way to break through the siege from the silver owls surrounding the castle. let's search for a broom, and hopefully, we'll come across food and medical supplies."

silver then looked at yuuken and grim, "let's search inside the fort. yuu, grim, will you help us?" yuu had a beaming smile on as he nodded, "of course!"

once that was decided, sebek approached his then-younger grandfather and spoke, "baul-sama! we will procure the supplies!" baul glanced at the night raven students and replied, "no, you guys should surrender."