✦ chapter ninety three.

"have you been pretending?"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

as soon as all the "kidnapped students" were changed into another outfit, vil glared at idia and wasted no time to demand an explanation. "alright, idia! explain yourself this instant!" yelled the pomefiore prefect, "i am a world-class model. i am very fastidious with all the materials that come into contact with my skin. how dare you throw us inside an automated cleaning machine?! moreover, how could you not have any face lotion available? skincare is the most important step to achieving beautiful skin!"

"...i think i understand what it feels like riding a tank now," commented jamil as he let out a sigh. "i feel like a sheet that's been thrown around in a dryer," added riddle. "they cleaned the insides of both my mouth and my ears... i still have goosebumps," said leona. 

"i am all for efficiency, of course... but, i will never use an automated body-washing machine no matter how busy i become," remarked azul. 

"eh? everyone in production all agreed that it's super-efficient though," spoke ortho. "tsk... this collar is pissing me off the most," added leona. "it looks like this collar emits the same effects as my unique magic," noted riddle, "i've been trying to use my magic since earlier, but nothing's working."

"i'm sorry, but you're required to wear those collars so we can gather accurate data during the observation," spoke ortho.

"you tried to use magic, riddle-shi...? talk about insane, sheesh..." mumbled idia before clearing his throat, "ahem... thank you very much for cooperating with our decontamination and quarantine procedures... introductions are only polite, so let me play you s.t.y.x.'s introductory movie."

"an introduction movie...?" mumbled vil as idia ordered them to take a seat and focus on the screen.

"recording and photography of any kind are strictly prohibited within the premises. if you feel unwell during the movie, please feel free to approach the staff stationed nearby."

the voice of the narrator from the same old introduction film rang through f/n's ears as they looked away from the screen and softly sighed, 'i've seen this so many times already...'

a few minutes later and the film already ended with idia saying, "that will be all for today's premiere. thank you for your patronage." vil looked away from the screen and said, "that looked like a very rushed production..."

"everyone's a critic, hm?" replied idia, "to be fair, s.t.y.x. is doing everything in its power to make sure that this almighty thing we call magic is safe for everyone to use. this institute has been researching blot since mankind learned to carve letters on clay tablets."

"we have a two-hour long documentary prepared for visitors who want to learn more about s.t.y.x.," spoke ortho.

'please no... i do not want to stand here for two hours,' thought f/n.