✦ chapter one hundred thirty four.

ೃ༄ "that someone else is the person i swore my life and loyalty to

ೃ༄ "that someone else is the person i swore my life and loyalty to."
✧──────✧

f/n, epel, and deuce stood in line as they thought about what to order. after minutes of thinking, they finally gave up as f/n asked the two to stay whilst she grabbed azul and rollo for recommendations.

she walked towards the noble bell student and said, "rollo-san, i hope you don't mind, but... do you have a recommendation?"

"yes... as a matter of fact, i do,"  rollo as he escorted f/n to the counter and ordered a croissant. once he had received the order, he gave it to the group.

"a croissant?" asked azul as he grabbed one. epel inspected the bread and said, "this looks quite plain compared to the fruit or chocolate-filled ones..." f/n hummed and remarked, "you do have a point, but it still looks tasty."

"croissants are quite special, you see... a nutritious croissant can give vitality to a person's body and soul. it must be a croissant, not a dinner roll, nor a baguette. it possesses a taste that comes second to none. it is perfect for sunny days, as well," pitched rollo.

"since you recommended it, we shall take a bite," said azul as all four of them took a bite out of a croissant before their eyes started twinkling.

"whoa..." trailed epel, "it's still warm and it smells so good, too..."

"wow..." mumbled azul.

"IT'S SO GOOD!!!" yelled the four in unison. azul continued complimenting the taste as f/n enjoyed her treat in peace before turning to look at rollo, "this is tasty. thanks for the recommendation."

"of course, miss f/n," replied rollo, "oh, sorry... i mean, lady l/n."

"more, please!" exclaimed epel. deuce nodded in agreement as he chimed in, "me, too~! one—— no, make it two!" azul eyed the two first years and said, "my, you two are big eaters..."

"it's really delicious! you should try one more, azul-san!" exclaimed epel. azul shook his head in response, "...no, thank you. it would be such a waste to stuff ourselves with just bread. the city is rich with wheat... so, do you understand where i'm getting at?"

epel and deuce looked confused as azul smiled at f/n. the military officer immediately understood what he meant and said, "let's go check out the sweets!" rollo hummed and looked at f/n, "there is a famous dessert shop nearby. let me take you there."

...

"here we are."

deuce eyed a certain treat as he tugged on f/n's sleeve, "n/n, look... this unmistakable scent in the air, and that! clover-senpai usually makes us these... it was really delicious! uh... what is it called?"

"a financier," answered rollo, "typically made with wheat flour, almond flour, and beurre noisette." azul eyed the treat and said, "i can see the butter glistening on the surface. one look and i can tell it is quite high in calories..."