✦ chapter twenty six.

ೃ༄ "alright! um

ೃ༄ "alright! um... smile!"
✧──────✧

f/n watched as the students decorated the dormitory with their magic, occasionally giving orders here and helping them out on small tasks. malleus' costume was ready and she left afterwards to give him some time to change before showcasing the costume to the rest of the students. the road to creating the costume was quite tough, but they had managed. malleus even asked for advice to pomefiore's dorm head, vil schoenheit. the poor queen had to go through long hours of explanation from malleus on the difference between the dragon and ryuu.

lilia, silver, and sebek glanced at the first year as they await malleus to come out to showcase their idea. f/n looked back at them and raised a brow as she asked, "what? do i have something on my face?" lilia shook his head with a smile and replied, "it's not that. we were wondering why you had not dressed up with malleus so both of you could show the concept of the costume." sebek nodded in agreement and loudly praised the first year, "yes! lady l/n would definitely look amazing and dignified whatever outfit she may wear!" f/n had a small smile on her face as she eyed sebek, "thank you for the compliment, seb. but again, you have to drop the formalities while we're at school. we are in the same academic year, are we not?"

immediately, sebek panicked and nodded frantically in response, "y-yes, my lady! i mean, n/n! i apologize, i shan't do that again!" f/n sweatdropped at his... energetic reaction and nodded, "back to the topic at hand, i have not made my costume yet." lilia perked up at this and said, "oh? you were with him all the time these past few days. i even saw you levitating a roll of fabric when walking to his room." f/n nodded and said, "i was helping mal make his costume, that is why."

lilia nodded in understanding and responded, "knowing malleus, he certainly would have offered to help make yours too, am i right?" f/n nodded once again and said, "he did, but i told him we can make mine after the costume was approved by you."

on cue, malleus' voice rang through their ears as he said, "sorry to keep you waiting." he came out of his changing area and presented himself wearing the costume that he and f/n recently made, "this shall be the halloween costume for diasomnia this year." sebek's eyes welled up with tears as he said, "young... young master! you look so dignified!" silver nodded in agreement as he added, "it certainly suits you." malleus smiled at their compliment before turning to look at lilia, "so, lilia, what do you think? i would like to hear your opinion on this." lilia observed the intricate designs and bright colors of the costume as he said, "it has a sophisticated design, but also super colorful... i love it! looks like i was right to let you choose the halloween costume this year. i would never have guessed that you'd pick a far eastern dragon as your motif..."

malleus shook his head as he replied, "it is not a dragon. from the beard to the lack of wings to the shape of the horns and the kind of abilities it possesses... dragons and ryuu only look similar on the surface." lilia laughed at malleus' sudden passionate explanation and said, "well, it is as you say. you've managed to do a lot of research in such a short time. that kind of perfectionism is very much like you."