✦ chapter thirty seven.

ೃ༄ "my dear l/n

ೃ༄ "my dear l/n..."
✧──────✧

it was late at night as f/n strolled down the chilly hallways of the royal palace. they have been feeling a little bored and decided to roam around the castle that malleus graciously allowed her and her family to reside in. she passed by malleus' room as she heard the sound of book pages turning to the next from inside, indicating that he was busy reading a book.

'i wonder where sebek and silver are?' thought f/n as she walked downstairs to the lounge. it was quiet in the palace, though it wasn't completely silent for she can still hear even the littlest of noise from a few meters away. f/n tuned every noise out and relaxed in the lounge, comfortably sitting on the large couch positioned in the center of the room. they casually played with the bracelet on their wrist, slowly recalling back the memories from when she first received this bracelet.

...

it was over a few years ago when f/n had just finished her sword training with one of the retired soldiers of the royal army. they placed their sword back in its scabbard as they wiped their sweat off their forehead. she thanked her instructor and walked back inside the castle to grab a drink in the kitchen. f/n walked inside the kitchen to grab a glass, until she saw a figure rummaging through the drawers and cupboards.

she raised a brow as she eyed the individual suspiciously, "what are you doing?" the figure jumped as he turned to look at the eldest l/n with wide eyes. he soon relaxed his tense shoulders and smiled, "oh. greetings, my lady. you must be prodigious daughter of vincent l/n, miss f/n l/n." his dark red eyes glinted with interest as he slightly bowed at the eldest l/n. f/n stayed silent before letting out a soft sigh and grabbing a cold glass of water, chugging the drink down immediately.

"it seems the lady is not in a merry mood for now," remarked the man before turning around to continue his little business of looking through the cupboards. "...you haven't answered my question, what are you doing? you aren't planning to put poison in the royal family's meal, are you?" questioned f/n, still eyeing the figure suspiciously. the man turned around as he let out a soft laugh, "goodness, my apologies. i was looking for some spices, i am planning to cook a meal for my beloved child. he had just finished training and i thought of bringing him a meal."

f/n slowly nodded as she looked at the abomination of a meal on the countertop before looking back at him, "...you're feeding him...that? ...alright, i won't judge, everyone has peculiar tastes in food." f/n shrugged and turned around to leave the room, but before she could leave, she looked back at the figure and asked, "...what's your name?" the man smiled as he replied, "lilia. lilia vanrouge... i'm sure you have heard of me before, no?"

f/n's eyes widened as she immediately turned to face her body towards him before bowing at a ninety degree angle, "s-sir vanrouge!!! i apologize for my incredibly rude behavior! that won't happen again!" lilia chuckled as he walked towards f/n and lifted their chin, "no need for apologies, young lady. i do understand that i may seem quite suspicious to you, rummaging through the cabinets like that." f/n nodded and exclaimed once again, "r-right! my deepest apologies, sir... i'll be off now!" they immediately turned around and left the kitchen, mentally scolding themselves for acting so unprofessional in front of the legendary warrior of briar valley.