✦ chapter one hundred fifteen.

ೃ༄ "too many clubs

ೃ༄ "too many clubs..."
✧──────✧

a week or so has passed and it was the usual day of classes. f/n had her cheek rested on her fist as she wearily stared at the blackboard, the voice of her professor was no longer recognisable as it was like background noise for her at this point. her back was slightly slouched as she rested her arms on the table above the long-forgotten notebook filled with random doodles. 

her seatmate, deuce, was the complete opposite. he was attentively listening to the professor as he sat with a proper posture, gripping his pen firmly as he took notes of any important details of today's topic.

f/n's eyes peeked at him quickly before letting out a soft snicker. it was audible enough for trein to hear as he paused on his words and looked at f/n with a stern gaze. he cleared his throat and said, "miss f/n... is there something funny about the renowned general of briar valley?"

'a little... because i know who he is personally,' thought f/n.

f/n merely held a friendly smile as she shook her head and replied, "no, professor. my apologies, i was actually just clearing my throat."

trein nodded slowly as he said, "i see... alright."

the professor then resumed his discussion as deuce glanced at f/n before looking back at his book. he was about to write something in his notebook until the bell rang, causing trein to sigh.

"alright. dismissed," said trein as he took a seat and caressed lucius' fur. the students crowded around as they quickly left the room to head to the cafeteria.

ace, deuce, f/n, and yuu stood up from their seats and walked out of the classroom together. deuce looked at f/n and immediately took this chance to speak, "ah, n/n, were you really just clearing your throat earlier?"

"no," answered f/n honestly.

"o-oh..."

"i chuckled because you looked so focused. fufu, what a good student," added f/n.

ace laughed as if he was agreeing with f/n's words and said, "haha! right, right? anyway, i was surprised f/n looked bored the entire time. i thought you're okay with history?"

f/n shrugged her shoulders in response, "i mean, yeah... unless it's about a topic i already know." 

ace hummed before his gaze landed on the ignihyde first year. he then elbowed deuce and yuu as he pointed towards ortho and started approaching the child.

"heeeey, ortho," greeted ace as he stood behind ortho with a smile.

ortho turned around as he smiled upon seeing the familiar faces, "ah... ace trappola-san, deuce spade-san, yuu-san, grim-san, and nee-san! hello! are you all heading to the cafeteria?"

deuce nodded in response, "mhm, yeah. if you want, why don't you come and join us? they're selling stuff from that popular bakery from the town of the base of the mountain today."