✦ chapter ninety nine.

ೃ༄ "recommend an easy game!"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

f/n and idia stayed silent before they heard all the doors lock, "it's the tests for the class a phantom today, it might take a while."

"...no one can leave this room for two to three hours, so... just do whatever you want," added f/n.

"EHHHHHHH!?!?!?!?!"

the two stayed silent before f/n blurted out, "why are you surprised? this place is not a medical centre. did you not hear the announcement just now? they will release the dangerous phantoms from 'tartarus' temporarily for data collection, and they will start the tests for it."

"and even though we have the 'cerberus defence system', it doesn't mean trouble won't occur. that's why everyone stays in their room until the tests are over just in case something happens," added idia.

"i understand most of the matter, but... what is 'tartarus'?" asked vil.

"ah, sorry... we completely talked as if we are talking to the staff," spoke f/n and idia in unison before taking a short glance at one another.

"i'll explain! 'tartarus' is the name of the prison built in the undergrounds of s.t.y.x. main office. the number of subjects kept in there is usually more than ten thousand," explained ortho.

"t-ten thousand...?!"

"i know you said that you guys have kept the phantoms all over the world... but i did not expect that much," remarked vil.

"...'tartarus' was built in the age of the gods, when the first head of the shroud family became the keeper of the land of grief. since then, the charons have been collecting subjects from all over the world, so that's why..." answered idia.

"from the age of the gods? if so, ten thousand is not that many," spoke leona. idia shrugged as he responded, "well, many of them disappear as time passes. however, some powerful phantoms are still there after living for more than a thousand years."

the rest sweatdropped as vil mumbled, "continuing to exist in this world in the form of a monster that is full of hatred... how horrifying."

"the phantoms kept in s.t.y.x. are divided into 12 groups by the level of danger," informed ortho, "and the more dangerous the subject is, the deeper their level. the class a subject that was announced earlier is also the individual that we must look out for."

"however, they are usually frozen in a firm cage, so you do not have to be scared," added f/n, "and... their father made the base, plus we have the defence system we mentioned earlier called the 'cerberus system', which was made by our dear deputy director six years ago."

"yup! it's safe and secure even if something happens!" exclaimed ortho.

"a defence system made by radish sprout?" mumbled leona. "even i feel uneasy with it," added vil.