✦ chapter fifty four.

ೃ༄ "once upon a dream~"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

it was another tough day of lessons, but luckily, f/n had some spare time and decided to relax in the woods of briar valley. there were plenty of animals around and it doesn't seem like anyone was living in the area.

oh, how wrong she was.

her supposed time of solitude turned into watching a young man humming to himself from afar. sure, he may be humming to himself, but f/n had great hearing and was able to tell what he was singing softly.

"i know you~ i walked with you once upon a dream~

i know you~ that gleam in your eyes is so familiar, a gleam~"

f/n tilted her head slightly as she teleported to a tree that was a little closer to the male, but hid herself from his view. 'that song... it sounds so familiar,' thought f/n.

"but if i know you~ i know what you'll do~ you'll love me at once~" sang the male before f/n sang along, "the way you did once upon a dream~"

the male immediately turned around with wide eyes, clearly surprised that someone decided to duet with him.

f/n froze before completely hiding away from his view. however, he had already noticed a figure hiding by the tree.

"...i know you're in there," spoke the male. he was alert and ready to attack any harm that might come his way. he had always believed that there are no people living nearby the woods, so hearing someone sing along was clearly nothing but a threat to his safety.

f/n hesitantly moved away from the tree and revealed themselves to the male. the man's tensed shoulders relaxed as soon as his eyes landed on the noble lady. "o-oh..." mumbled the man, "...who are you? why are you out here in the woods, miss?"

"i had a short break and thought to spend it by relaxing here... i did not realize anyone lives here," replied f/n, "...apologies for suddenly singing along like that." the man shook his head and said, "it's alright... but, may i ask how did you know the song?"

"i'm... not too sure. it just sounded familiar," answered f/n. the man lightly nodded before bowing, "i see... well, my name is silver. very pleased to meet you, miss..."

"...f/n l/n."

"oh, lady l/n? i've heard about you from my father. it truly is a pleasure to meet you," spoke silver as he placed a kiss on the back of f/n's hand out of respect.

"your father, you say? ...well, nice to meet you, silver. i must head back to the camp now. perhaps we'll meet again soon," bid f/n as they curtsied at silver.

...

"whoa... so, that's how you met silver-senpai..." mumbled epel as f/n ended their little storytelling. the selection team were having a short break during lunch and decided to spend their time in pomefiore's ballroom. they wanted to practice, but they made a last minute decision to have a chat and deepen their bond.