✦ chapter one hundred forty two.

ೃ༄ "i've got my mind and eye on you

ೃ༄ "i've got my mind and eye on you..."
✧──────✧

classes were over and yuu was in his room with ace, deuce, and grim. the ramshackle monster placed a teapot on the bedside table as he spoke, "i have some herbal teas here to keep us awake." deuce hummed as he held onto the ghost camera, "our phone recorders and the ghost camera are ready, too!"

deuce and grim had determined expressions as they cheered in unison, "SHOW YOURSELF, MICKEY!!!"

yuu blinked at their enthusiasm as ace rolled his eyes and said, "no need to get all worked up... anyway, shouldn't we invite n/n over? she's a fae, so she would probably be a great help in this..."

the ramshackle prefect hummed in agreement, "i believe so, too... however, i didn't want to bother her... she looked so pale earlier on our way to class... she's probably sick and i want her to take a rest for a while."

"oh yeah, she dropped her books in the process, too. she looked like she had seen a ghost and she remained weary throughout the day," responded deuce, "...i hope she's okay."

"hey now," spoke grim, "n/n won't like it if they found out we're moping around with worry because of them! i'm sure they would want us to do this with or without her..." 

ace sighed as he replied, "yeah, you're right... anyway, lucky her for not getting caught up with this..." the heartslabyul first year eyed the mountain of books on yuu's table, causing grim and yuu to glance at one another in confusion. 

"what's with those books?"

deuce replied, "oh, uh... we told dorm leader rosehearts that we'll be hosting a study group here so we could get permission to stay..." ace then continued, "he was like, 'a smart decision. take these workbooks with you. i will grade them for you after your little party.'"

ace and deuce's disappointed expressions turned into mischievous smirks as ace said, "we have enough workbooks for you two as well~" 

yuu and grim's eyes widened as they immediately declined, causing deuce to reply, "it's off with your heads if you won't participate~"

"we're not in heartslabyul!" 

ace laughed as he pointed at the other stacks, "don't be shy~ the three books over there are for jack, epel, and ortho." yuu sighed as he asked, "how come n/n doesn't have one?" 

"prefect rosehearts thought it wasn't necessary... he even had the idea of making her grade it whilst the books aren't handed to him..." sighed deuce, "it's like he trusts n/n so much..."

"i can't ever forget the time when he claimed n/n to be his bride during the ghost marriage fiasco..." groaned ace, "who does he think he is?!"

...

meanwhile, back in diasomnia...

malleus, lilia, silver, and sebek were having their usual after-school tea as they conversed about different things: lilia's sudden leave, malleus' concerns, silver's ring, and sebek's concern about lilia's weapon becoming a household item.